48. Wrongo

Her head felt strange. As if it didn't belong to her body. Numb, yet hurting as hell, tch...

'That's so bothersome...' She thought.

Not knowing what was happening, was really bothersome!

Not that she knew where was she or what she had been doing till now, she did the most natural thing anyone would think of: standing up.

"Ugh..."

"She... wake..."

"Wha..."

The muted voices were slowly reaching her with such a speed she was certain Dorian would laugh at. Or Tavian would shake his head indignantly. Or Cassian would...

Cassian.

Cassian...

'...Cassian!'

"Oh, wait, wait, wait..." Someone tried to hold her still, but she was still giving them a hard time.

'I have to see him, see him... He...'

His bloodied body came to her mind as an image she wanted so much to forget, yet she thought it was something she would be forced to see and experience again and again and again in hell, so...

'Am I dead?'

"No, you are not." An indifferent voice answered.

'Oh, so I've said that aloud...'

The vision was slowly coming to her and she was finally able to see her surroundings.

White.

Everything was white.

And in this mix of white chaos she saw four people that definitely didn't fit the picture of quiet chaos at all. She had observed them from afar these couple of days, so she knew very well who they were.

The Haresian envoy.

And among them was...

'Liliana!'

"Is she okay?"

"She should be. Hell, how did she end up in such a beaten state, goddess! You owe us an explanation, kid!"

"Didn't I tell you?! They attacked me!"

While the blonde-haired man was simply staring at her as if she was an individual of a new race, the tall, shoulder-length green-haired woman was referring to her as if she was some lost kid, found in a street, and the saintess was calmly, but still testily insisting on their wrongdoings, the only silent person in the hospital hall was quietly looking at something else rather than her.

'Who is he...?'

Her eyes widened in complete shock as they fell on the body laying on the bed opposite of hers.

'T-That... That's...'

Cassian...

"B-BROTHER!"

Her scream was enough to interrupt the two women's fight and gain the attention of the duke, previously staring at her brother.

Tasia didn't mind their confusion at all. She quickly removed the blanket from her body and stood up. Or at least tried. Her stomach was pierced with such pain that she exhaled deeply and sharply, grabbing the nearest thing she could, so that she won't end on the floor.

It just so happened that the blonde man was that 'thing'.

"Hey, what..."

"Brother! Brother! Brother?" She continued to call Cassian in a complete shock, denying his obvious fate.