70. Lone Heart

The white robes were too long. They were too glossy, too ritzy, too...annoying.

"I believe me being the Great Saintess of this era doesn't automatically turn me into an alien or something of this sort. Right?"

"I'm not flattered by...this the least bit, don't worry. Yuri."

"...Well, this is somewhat refreshing."

Yuriel sighed and leaned on the wall behind her. Then she pouted.

The time was going slower than ever and it made her feel bored to the extent she could fall asleep. Or even die. Actually...

"Can someone die from boresome?"

"Oh, really, Yuriel?" Anastasia exclaimed ironically.

"What? I'm not the healer-to-be here."

"You are a healer already!"

"But I have no knowledge or whatsoever about human's body."

"...Oh, goddess..."

"What?"

The room went silent for so long that she began to think if she had actually said something odd. Or funny, perhaps.

"Is there something...wrong or...?"

Someone let out a sigh and said, "How unfortunate."

"I heard you were a very renowned medic in Syris, though. You are right about that. It's only unfortunate, because you have forgotten everything." Matthew explained.

"A...medic?"

Oh, medic... but...

"Why a medic, though?"

"Don't ask me!" Matthew said in a defensive tone.

"But you were taken as a part of the Syrian envoy, because of that."

"Were I...that smart?"

"Oh, kid, no, Yuri, you still are a bright child." Ellis said with a hint of smiling while saying that.

"I was brought to the Royal Hospital to help you when you collapsed a few weeks ago during a ball, so I guess you were a very important person after all."

"You must have had some healing powers before you awakened the full capability of the Great Saint. For someone like us it's not necessary to know how a body functions at all since the power Leya gave us is immeasurable, but for others it's a must. Probably that's why you decided to study this."

This was the longest explanation from Anastasia Yuriel had ever heard and thought it would be even in the future.

Still, it explained a lot.

"Oh...I guess it was like this, but..."

She went silent for a while, thinking. Even though she was surrounded only by people she truly believed she could trust, the girl was not actually that familiar with them. Not yet. And what Anastasia had said made her think of something incomprehensible in one way or another.

"So, this means that I really had people I truly cared about? To the extent I decided to devote my life on the mere thought of having the opportunity not to let them get in harm's way?"

"..."

"...Yuri..."

"...Of course. Everyone has someone they care about..." Ellis said after some time.

"Do you think you were alone all this time?" Anastasia asked.

"No...No, I just..."

This wasn't the point. Rather...