66. A Secret Guardian

Rinea had never been the one to sleep and that may have been due to some illness she was discovered with around the time she was brought to the capital by Leo. Insomnia. The chronic insomnia was something she was still fighting with and yet every morning around three she woke up and pointlessly wandered around the mansion.

When Leo was there, she had plenty of things to do. Because he was the most perfect knight someone would wish for it was only natural that he woke up from the tiniest noises she made. Even though she was very careful. One night he even suggested them going for horse-riding, such a ridiculous suggestion that she stared blankly at him left with no words for pretty much time before managing to give him a piece of her brain about the horse-riding thing.

But now she was completely alone. Leo wasn't there. Gale too. Only...

Well, the maids and of course, Steven. The head butler was a good friend of hers, who frequently just kept her company, sensing there was something wrong with her, but never urging her to speak. He was a very good friend, a good person.

But apparently, he had a very good sleep too.

Rinea didn't feel like waking her maids up when she had fought so much for the privacy of sleeping alone in her own room. So, she decided to stroll by herself. It had been almost a month since her lone strolls began.

'Now I feel like someone doesn't remember their promise...'

Both Leo and Gale, actually. The hell was wrong with them?! They were leaving her when she...

UGGHH...!

Rinea sighed deeply, tapping her forehead. No, she shouldn't be thinking like that.

'They have their own problems too...'

And she was no one to interfere and absolutely no one to ask of them to think about her feelings too.

'Just the thought of them is fine too.'

Thinking of them she felt warm feelings beginning to fill her heart and smiled softly. Once they came back, she was going to make them regret leaving her for so long. She had to do the things she wanted to during the time they were absent once they returned and would drive them crazy to the extent that they...

'...Huh?'

Rinea frowned slightly in confusion as the wind blew cold, freezing air and she gasped in shock.

'Such weather...'

Her mind instantly brought her to something very familiar. Tara's annoyed talking – always when it came to the Haresian weather.

"I would give up anything for one cold night. And I mean it, no joking here...! "

'I hope Tara feels this weather with every pore of her body...'

"Hey, what are you doing? Miss. Hey, Miss?!"

Rinea jumped out of surprise and her eyes widened in shock when they met round and greyish ones. A small animal was before her, it looked like a grey cat, but it was larger. With the size of a Labrador.

"..."

"Oh, now Miss is looking at me! Great! You are so troublesome, you know?"

"I, uh, umm...what?"

"You..."

The cat lifted one paw and pointed it at her, "...are really troublesome, Miss. You go anywhere, so quick that I can't even get a hold of you for just a second..."

The cat shook its head and sighed with somewhat disappointment.

'Since when did cats feel such feelings, though?'