8. The Other's Party

The first day of the festival went smoothly as all of the prince's party woke up before the sunrise. There was so much to do, so no one wanted to fall behind someone else. That was especially true about Tasia and Tarik.

"Just watch me. I'll do everything in leaps and bounds," he said smirking.

Did he really believe at that, though?

'What a pitiful child,' Tasia thought.

"Really? Well, I'll be ready in the blink of the eye."

They all had different things to do, therefore there was nothing they could compare with but still they continued arguing.

Tarik wanted to accompany Noah when he visited the main street where all paths crossed. It was said there was the beginning of the second festival every year as there were three festivals celebrating the gods' blessings upon Hares. Thus there was bound to be so much fun in that place.

"You just want to see the girls, practicing before the festival," she said averting her eyes.

"THAT'S NOT IT!" he yelled at her immediately.

"Really."

"I SAID..."

The Haresians had a very different vision of dressing. If it was about boys and bachelors, they mostly were dressed fully, although in such days they were probably half dressed – topless usually. The female clothes were more provocative, though. The warrior suit of the girls or not engaged women usually consisted of a top that didn't cover the stomach under the rib cage and a long and light skirt that was almost transparent from the knees to the toes.

Such things men couldn't see in Syris in a public place. That was probably why hundreds of years Syrians blamed Haresians spreading a rumour that the women from the Kingdom were all hussies. It was quite a different story but no one could blame them as the Kingdom called them good for nothing bastards.

Haresians sure protected their women's name.

'Not again,' Noah walked past the two and rubbed his temple. He had always had trouble sleeping but that night especially he had no luck in getting more then just little sleep.

"Tas?"

The girl immediately turned towards him and frowned.

"What is it, my prince? Did you not take the pills?"

"They didn't work."

His mind was somewhere between the present and a place where he could get his sleep back. A fantasy world, he decided to call it.

"Come here, please," she waved a hand to him.

Noah sat on a chair in the living room of the Silver Palace. Despite its name, the place didn't consist of much silver. There were pretty many gems, though.

'The previous queens must have really loved to be surrounded by them,' he thought.

Then all of a sudden he felt a slight feeling as if light had went into his head. It was comfortable, though. Noah tilted his head a bit in one direction and his eyelids weighed down. Through the blur in his own head he heard the girl's voice coming from far.

"This should work... But he cannot leave... Five... Six hours at least..."

"I...take care of..." he heard someone else add. Was it Tarik?

"Sorry... not do much..."

He then felt cold hands move the golden locks that usually fell on his ears. And a warm breathing on his skin.