40. True Power And Magic Spells

The burst of energy Tasia felt through her whole body was amazing. It was so unbelievable that she could feel so much power after Liliana's attack that took a great amount of her mana for her to recover from the deadly blow she had taken.

"It may feel godly goo, but that's just a small fragment of the power each Great saint possess. Though it's believed that the abilities develop with each succeeding priest and it was proven too, you should quickly get used to it," Anastasia observed her with a critical eye and sighed.

"Though you seem to be well-trained, I can only hope you will actually know how to use Leya's power."

Tasia knew that what the Third was telling her was really important, but at the moment she had a hard time focusing on anything but the amazing feeling of absolute power she felt in herself.

"Now I'm not that nervous how to use it and heal all the people including the purifying."

"See? Didn't I tell you that will be your last worry?"

Well, she didn't. Anastasia actually was busy throwing any sassy comments she could remember from the times she was able to speak with other people so freely.

"Will she be alright?" Matthew asked carefully speaking to the Third.

"The only thing she doesn't have to do is t..."

As Anastasia was answering Tasia held both of her hands lifted up and then she put them on the ground, wishing for purity.

'Whatever it should be, please, make the land purified again...'

'And heal the people.'

She repeated that many times in her mind and it was only when she heard a sharp gasp that she opened her eyes. Till this moment she felt somewhat pleasure as if she had finally done something right. Maybe she had even succeeded in using the power...

"Ahhh...!"

"What's this?!"

As many others stared in awe at the glowing ground under their feet, Tasia's eyes caught Anastasia's frowning face, which in fact had began to redden a little.

"What was that! What were you thinking?!"

"I-I, oh, but you said..."

"I didn't say to use all the power, you idiot!"

The Third held her head in both hands and mumbled something like, "Stupid humans, fools...so stupid...!"

"Was that even a problem...?" Began Matthew but was immediately interrupted.

"Of course it is! How, for goddess' sake is she supposed to fight with the Dark saintess now with this much power in herself?!"

Cassian Derick la Talis.

The name was countlessly repeated in the minds of the members of the Circle. Talis. He was Talis, he had even confessed his relationship with the previous king, so...

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but... When the hell did you manage to have such a grown-up son?!" Tara yelled, thought her words came with a bit of panting.

The poison had begun to affect her speech and that was a clear evidence that soon she was going to be as good as dead. The others felt this same discomfort too.

"Now I k-know... Ha-h-ha...why you were so reassuring ab-about the b-baby..."

"And you... You, Rh-Rhys... To adopt th-their son? Really?"