45. With A Good Reason

Three days later Cassian woke up. It didn't go unnoticed as literally everyone had already began preying for him to survive this nightmare.

He could literally hear them thinking, 'The only little Sun of the Kingdom – bedridden and unconscious, fighting to survive...'

Cassian sighed, 'Such stupid bastards! I'm not that easy to be killed!'

"You should have told them!" He yelled at Sirius and Rinea

The girl gulped. It wasn't every day that he was so eager to talk and it wasn't definitely a common thing to see the only prince of Hares to yell at anyone.

"How would that be possible when I was laying on the bed for two days straight?!" Sirius half-yelled in annoyance.

"Leo didn't let me go till this morning," added Rinea in an apologetic voice.

"And before asking others for what they have been doing, can you tell me, my prince what were you doing these days? Planning the end of the infamous saintess? Hiding your real identity as my brother and the son of the Grand duke of Talis?"

Cassian shrugged carelessly waving a hand, "Something in between."

"Ah, oh, really?!"

"Ha, guys, please! Your Highness, Sirius..." Rinea tried to stop their fighting fidgetily.

Rinea sighed deeply. If it wasn't for the fact that he was heavily hurt and she and Sirius were apparently the only children of their families, it would have been way different. But...

'Come to think of it, it's not just apparently. These two are really brothers... Well, not by blood, but...'

"Why are you pretending to be angry at each other? You are the two everyone would think of if there was the question who are most suitable to become brothers..."

"Ha?! You have to be kidding me!" Sirius yelled.

"No joke, Rin. He's crazy, who would want him as his brother?" Cassian asked skeptically taking a look at the twelve year old.

Rinea shook her head in disappointment, 'Sometimes it's like I'm the adult and they – the children.'

"Does that mean that you two are shadow-controllers after all?" She asked suddenly.

Her question seemed to have reminded Cassian of something as his eyes widened by the sudden realization.

"Where's Tasia?!" He said abruptly.

"Oh, you mean that terribly beaten girl..." A single look at Cassian's mad eyes was enough to shut him up immediately.

"She's still resting. But there's still a great chance she'll wake up," Rinea answered warily.

Cassian turned to her, grabbing her hands hardly and asking hectically, "She's not dead?"

"O-Of course n-not! The best healers treated her along with you, s-so..." Rinea gulped and stopped talking suddenly.

"Ha, don't you see you're scaring her?" Sirius asked in annoyance.

Cassian exhaled as he suddenly realized what he was causing to Rinea and let go of her hands.

"T-Thanks..." She mumbled.

"Sorry, really, I'm sorry, I just..."

"Don't overthink it." Sirius added quietly.

"She's not just your sister. Rinea had created a special relationship with her just recently and she appears to be my sister as well. Don't underestimate our worries for her."