26. The Unexpected Warmth

There were those times when you felt like everything was swept away from your hands and there was this saying, something like that which is in your hands. It was nothing like that. And, well... The time was what Tasia felt was sweeping away from her hands.

Time passed and it was the only thing she couldn't receive again. Time had tied her and Cassian up to their fates. It was what had determined their lives, wasn't it? If they were born hundred years later or after Anastasia's death, they wouldn't have been chosen, right?

Seth's words were vague and could mean many things, she thought. But he wanted that, didn't he? He came to tell them that because he was certain they would understand him, would find the truth. That was why he appeared before them.

If not, then it made no sense because they obviously meant something for the world as they were desired from birth.

Tasia sighed. There was no sense in indulging in such thoughts. It was inevitable.

"When I was about to give birth to you, the night before the first day of spring, a person came and said this to me. You bear the peace and shall the peace engulf the world of destruction."

They were meant for peace.

Days passed as the girl spent most of the time in bed. The envoy ceased their public appearance as they stayed by their subordinate's side. As true, loyal friends.

During the time she was planning her final attack over the saintess of the Temple and unravelling the wicked woman's strategy.

The final day was the ninth. It was a noisy one that began with louder music and dances, laugh and summoning the nature spirits, the ones that brought the powerful magic to the royalty of Hares. It was such a day no one could miss.

"They probably think this is the day their goddess was born to the world," Tarik said annoyedly as he stood in the living room in the Silver Palace.

The Palace was the former home of the queen of Hares and thus it was rather isolated in order to not catch the noisiness from the many festivals that were held in the Kingdom. Though, it didn't help much as the envoy was able to hear the stir outside the royal grounds, in the capital.

"Or that today their Fourth saint will finally appear," Noah suggested as of matter of fact.

It hadn't gone without notice that every single commoner of the Magic Kingdom was praying he would live to the day the new Great Saint appear. They all believed to be a great blessing to even live when the chosen by goddess Leya one would take over the Temple.

They didn't quite believe Liliana was their Fourth, it seemed.

"What are we waiting for again?" Tarik asked a bit annoyed. "Let's go to a quieter place. This commotion is driving me crazy already and it's been only two hours since the sun had risen."

"It can't be helped," Noah sighed. "As it's the last day of saintess Anastasia's greeting period."

It was the ninth day, the end of the festival and the last day of all three that were meant in the name of the Third, Anastasia. People adored her the most. The strongest and the most mysterious one, the chosen one that was gifted with the ability to see the future. She had foretold the appearance of the Fourth.

"Scarlet will be ready soon, save your passion for later, friend."

Noah grinned as his advisor narrowed his eyes in annoyance. The day was clear and even the sky had turned in all shades of red as the sun appeared in the sky two hours ago. It was a beautiful start of such a significant for all Haresians day. But the prince felt uneasy. As if he knew something bad would happen.