49. Thickening The Plot

It took some time for her to figure out something was terribly wrong. And even though she had literally no idea what was going on, where she was or even what her name was, there still was one thing that had the first place among all the other things in her mind.

Blankness.

White.

Everything was white!

She spent most of the time thinking that someone would come and explain everything to her. And that after she had actually freaked out having no idea where she was or what the hell was going on.

Now she had no hope.

If there was someone, why wasn't they coming then?

She was alone.

TUP.

Something fell near her and she tried to find out what was it by using her hands. It was soft, but still hard enough not to break that easily.

"Ha...! Do you know what have you done? The fact that I'm lending you my mana doesn't mean that you can just go around and throw other people's belongings!" A male voice was heard.

"Oh, sorry, Mr. Library. What are your orders?" A mocking, female voice asked ironically.

"Shut up, Anastasia!"

The sneering made her both enthusiastic and anxious. She had hoped to meet other people, but were those two the most suitable ones?

"Here, there it is! Are you satisfied now?"

"You..."

The voices had gradually come closer and finally ceased to sneer at each other.

'Wow, did they see me? Finally...!'

At this loud silence she quickly realized that what was in her hands was probably what one of them was looking for.

"Ha, who the hell is she?" The male asked at last.

"Are you disappointed to see someone else here? You lousy introvert..."

"Anastasia!"

'Oh, now I want to never have met them.'

"No one is allowed to be in the goddess' grounds since that accident."

"Only a lousy kid such as you would refer to the attempt to exterminate the higher nobility members including the king and the heir of throne as 'accident'."

"I'm just loyal to the Temple..."

"And how does that make you blind?"

"Anastas..."

After so long listening to them, she had come to a conclusion. Those two didn't have the best relationship. And the woman was called Anastasia, it seemed.

"Hm, excuse me..." Oh, how was a blind person talking to people she didn't know?

Especially when she didn't remember anything at all?

"Is that yours?"

She lifted the thing in her hands, hoping she had guessed the direction the voices had been coming from right.

And then, how unpredictable...

Silence again.

Again!

'Someone would say they are the blind. Or even numb.'

That was quite annoying actually.

"Yes, thank yo..."