37. Interactions And Confusion

Of all of them only few had a sweet tooth. None of them enjoyed the present company, though. Cassian looked at his plate, the beautifully decorated piece of cake remained untouched.

'No one here have even the merest trust in her. This is a great waste of talent, though...'

Even the Grand duke, for whom Cassian had heard sweets were what black tea was for his mother, hadn't touched his cake.

"Oh, should I teach you manners? I thought we all were nobles and that is what for commoners is hard work in the field..."

"Lady Liliana, what are you here for? Separating us all from the other Haresians in such an important day..."

The king was furious, Cassian could say at least that for sure. Rhys Eden de Akrara had never lost his temper in any situation but now he was going to do exactly that. The treats of his so called famous charms were gone.

Currently the room for break used only by the royalty was filled of seven people. Cassian and the king, the Grand duke and duchess, the chancellor and his sister, Tara. In other words, every single member of the Circle plus the Crown prince and the infamous saintess.

And all of that because she had something to announce.

"How rude of you, Your Majesty. I know we haven't been in good terms for years but..."

"Such an understatement," He mumbled in annoyance.

"I've never liked you."

'Mutual feelings, huh?'

For Cassian it seemed that the two could never be so alike in anything. The saintess and the king stared at each other with both different expressions. The king had cold, annoyed and sharp glare, while Liliana was looking at him with a mocking smile and impenetrable light dark blue eyes.

It was her to break the silence first, "Well, we have a lot of time, so I suggest you make yourself comfortable, because it won't seem good to the people to find out their king ran away from their saintess. Am I not the most likely candidate for the position of the so called Great Saint? It has been about two hundred years now."

Seth.

When Liliana mentioned that position, Cassian recalled his and Tasia's conversation with the man. Seth knew more than he revealed but what he had told them was more than enough for the prince to understand one thing.

One of them was the chosen one.

And deep in his mind he already knew. Seth wasn't hanging around his sister for no reason. It was obvious that the boy and the man didn't put up with one another at all.

A sound of utensils hitting porcelain was heard and to his disbelief he saw Jax Callios bringing a bite of his cake to his mouth. Then after a short moment of exchanging glances, the Grand duke and duchess began eating their portion too.

One by one...

If there arose a conflict between them, it would greatly affect the country. Too many people from any walk of life and any status were gathered today in the Main Palace.

'It must be what Tasia warned me for...'

A cake. A situation where no one could oppose her. A mocking smile. An indefinite future...

Cassian brought himself to forcefully hold his fork and eat. He had to succeed. He must get through this situation too. Just... Just...

'Tasia... be okay!'

Before even reaching the place, he came across a very odd pair. A purple-haired girl – how was it even possible to have such a unique hair color? – and a green haired man in knight uniform... hm, well...