13. A Spitting Image Of Her Father

The price for the second place of that despicable game, which no one controlled to the extent everyone were able to violate the rules, was not what they had expected.

"Don't tell me we have to attend that damn ball because of the stupid game we took part in," Tarik was in the brink of his exhaustion because of lacking of sleep and too much work. A silver medal for the second place was nothing of an encouragement to him.

Were they supposed to be taking a break in Hares when there they had even more to do than in Syris? And if that was all...

"Same for me," Tasia waved a hand carelessly. "Sorry, my prince, but I have no energy to deal with them for the moment. Can I just go to sleep?"

She didn't even wait for an answer before lying on her bed and closing her eyes.

"You... Are you that ignorant to the rules in high society?" Tarik frowned. "Even if we are in Hares, I'm sure here isn't appropriate to welcome three men in your room and just go to sleep either."

"Milady, is there anything I can do for you?" Keid immediately said.

Tasia pointed at Tarik while having her eyes shut.

"Make him disappear."

Tarik was just ready to start yelling at her but the prince stopped him quickly waving a hand.

'Not now, friend,' as if he was saying.

That was enough for him to shut up and follow Keid outside, though with a very big frown.

Tasia sensed a body climbing on the big bed next to her and a warm hand covered her forehead.

"Are you really going to sleep, because of them annoying you?"

"Is there a problem with that, Eli? I'm tired."

"Do you need help?"

"I'm okay, really," she sighed. "Well..."

"Well?"

"It would have been great if they had told me that I had an adopted brother before meeting him. Really great!"

Noah frowned slightly as he was watching her beautiful face twist in annoyance. She was right. No one wanted to find out they had a sibling like that. What were Cassian and Hazel thinking, though? They should have told her. Noah knew they had many chances to do that before.

"Do you like him?"

"Do I... well, I can't say at our first meet. We basically exchanged only our names. But... it won't be bad to get to know him."

She remained silent for a while and then... She opened her bright blue eyes, the eyes that she was hiding with a magic spell before the others, and asked hesitantly:

"And you... Do you think he would like to know me?"

She rarely asked such things. Like if someone would like her being dressed like that or if she was to someone's liking. Tasia usually behaved as if she didn't care. Her question made him remember where she came from.

From the very start she and Cassian were abandoned by the world. Only Hazel was there for them but a mother wasn't everything. It was enough to a certain age but then they met the duke and everything changed with the blink of the eye. They wanted to be loved more and that made them isolated.

Because the love they sought was not just any love. They wanted their father's.

Noah smiled at her brushing her hair with his fingers.

"He will. Well, I don't know him at all but who wouldn't like to? You can do anything."

'You are such an angel,' he thought. That was something he couldn't tell her, though.