11. Planting A Seed Of Doubt

"If I'm not mistaken, you used to be bad at playing it when you were a child too, Sy," Rhys said laughing.

Sylas chuckled. After more than three years with that kid, Sirius was indeed his son after all.

"He just hates playing more than anything," he said.

Actually, it was more correctly to say that Sirius preferred to be taken seriously not lightly. A game was like a joke to him. So, he didn't take it seriously too.

"But your niece is doing great, Leo."

The captain smiled a bit at the scene where Rinea kicked another girl's face and quickly took her ribbons after she had fallen on the ground. With a similar smile on her own face she turned around grinning at Cassian and Sirius.

"She doesn't like it too. It seems she has been too much playing it as a child."

He shrugged. With her other five siblings nothing much could be done about it. Leo knew of course that his brother wasn't the best father but Rinea showed just how much he failed as a parent. 

Before he could say something else, though, his attention was drawn back to one of the screens.

"Oh..."

"What the hell is that?"

People began to ask each other, pointing at the screen.

"VIOLATION! VIOLATION OF THE RULES!" People began to yell, though Leo was sure not many were angry.

The scene of something else was much more interesting for them. That was the case now when in the battle there was a really troublesome earthcontroling guy and a quirkless girl from the Syrian envoy.

Tasia was right. When she thought they would be attacked near the gate, she quickly told them, though Tarik was very doubtful. But when they were about less than one kilometer from the finish line, she took a glance at the surroundings and her eyes widened.

A guy around her age was running towards them with his sword lifted. Not just them, she realized. It was pointed towards the prince's back.

Tasia pushed Noah aside and lifted her sword immediately colliding it with the guy's. Why was he acting like this, though? It was as if he didn't intend to neutralize the prince and take his ribbons but it was as if he was trying to intentionally harm him.

"I agreed to take you under my protection," the Empress told them four years ago. "But you have to earn my trust."

Tasia clenched her teeth. He wasn't like the others. That guy was stronger. Because of her lacking of fighting classes for about a year, Tasia barely was able to defend herself.

"So for now you will be the prince's guards. I want to know how much you are worthy of having inherited the name Morina."

She was no longer Noah's guard but she once vowed to always keep him safe. She wasn't going to just give up now!

"You are too slow."

The guy tripped her in an instant. Tasia was expecting that, though. Not losing her grip from the sword, she wrapped her legs around his and pushed him, so he lost his balance for a moment.

'Here is my chance!'

She quickly stood up, lifting her sword and colliding it with his. The other wooden weapon flew about ten meters away. Tasia aimed her sword towards him before he was able to react.

"Ha...! You are good... Just like what she said."

His words repeated in her head and Tasia's eyes widened when she saw his eyes darken.