Chapter 8: Manipulation

Valentina POV

I wake up to the voices outside on the beach. I open my eyes and he isn't here. I sat up and realized I was on his side. How did I get here? I moved in my sleep. I just hope I moved when he wasn't here. Where is he?

The bedroom door opens and he wakes in. He stared at me for a second and looked away. "Cover up your breast or else I will stare," he said. I looked down at my chest and my bra was gone. I cover myself up with the blanket. Did I take it off or did he? "That's better, good morning," he said. "Hmm," I replied.

"Let's try that again, good morning" he repeated himself. "Morning" I mumbled. There's nothing good about the mornings. Waking up early is just torture. He looks sweaty and exhausted. "We have plans today," he said. What plans?

"Which are," I said untying my hair. "I need to run errands," he said. I massage my scalp with my fingers. This feels so good. Wait he needs to run errands not me. "What does that have to do with me?" I asked.

"You are with me, so you might as well tag along," he said walking into the bathroom. I wanted to spend today alone. Ever since my break up with Adam, I have been surrounded by people. I haven't had any time to deal with it. I've been pushing it to the side and not letting my emotions get to me.

I guess it's a good thing that everyone thinks I am fine. I need to overcome this one alone, nothing is forever. I can't always rely on people to help me deal with my problems. My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID, its Vicky.

"Hey," I said, picking up the phone. "Did you sleep with him?" she said.

"Vicky" I groaned. "I'll take that as a yes. Anyways, how are you this lovely morning?" she said with sarcasm. "Vicky," I said.

"I can't ask about sex nor the morning. So what can I ask?" she asked. "You can talk to me like a normal person," I said.

"Okay good morning Valentina. Did you have sex with my cousin" COUSIN!

"Cousin" I gasped. "Since when were you and jackass related," I said. "Since we were born, I don't like telling people or acting like it. So we act like strangers" she said.

"Victoria De Luca. Im your fucking bestfriend. Since we were in diapers and you think this isn't something I should have known. I'm not people Vicky." I said. This is how she knows everyone in his life. Valentino, victoria, and Alessandro are this trio group that I never knew about. I'm the outsider in this friendship of theirs.

"You're right, I'm sorry. When your cousin is an asshole, you don't show him to people" she said and I laughed. "Anyways, did you sleep with him or at least become friends?" she asked. "Vic, we were already friends. We started over the day I broke up with adam. Now I think we are close friends." I said.

"I've been meaning to ask. How are you with the Adam situation? You haven't talked about it." she asked. "I don't know honestly. I haven't had time to myself to even think about it, which should be a good thing. I know once I start thinking about our whole relationship I will cry" I said.

"I hate seeing you cry. However, you need to get all your emotions out and have fun. Go through everything you guys did together and remove each memory. I would start off with the small things and then go to the big things." she said.

"Helping me with my mom was the biggest thing he did," I said. He came into my life when I needed him and left. "Exactly deal with that one last," she said.

"Since when did you become an expert on this? Aren't I usually the one giving you advice" I said. "I've been in a relationship for almost three years. Take a few hints. Not everything is perfect and you know that"