Chapter 37: New Start

Aurora POV

"What a pathetic little soul" I laugh to myself as a stare at the dead body in front of me. I wipe his blood off of my my face with my finger. His blood is lighter  than the sun.  I wonder why a pure soul like him had business defying me.

"You can dispose his body" I tell one of the guards as I step out of the cell. I ran upstairs to Vincent's office. I walk in his office, he doesn't lift his head to see me. I walked up to his and sat ont he edge of his desk.

"I'm amusing you killed him," he said lifting his head to stare at me. "Yeah, I did. It was quite boring though" I said.

He grabbed a napkin and brought it to my cheek. He wiped something off. It must be blood. "There's blood on your cheek, babe. You enjoyed it" hetossed the napkin in the trash bin.

He is right, I did enjoy taking the life out of someone. "Okay, maybe I did. Anyways do you have any leads?" I asked him.

It's been over a year now, we are still on the search for my mother. I took the year to learn my ways of becoming a killer and a assassin.

"Valent-,"

"Aurora, but continue" I interrupted him. Valentina is the old me. A girl that couldn't get anything done. All she did was cry to herself and let men right through her. I'm no longer that person.

I still cry, but only during my nightmares.

Now I understand why my mother always told me to never channel Aurora. She knew Aurora was the better side of me. She was scared of what I may become, to late for that. Aurora gets things done, I'm not a weak pathetic girl anymore.

"We had a lead, but it was false" he said. I sighed standing up. "What about Jackson?" I asked walking over to the window. I stare off in the distance.

I heard him stand up. I see him walking up to me from the corner of my eye. "He's been off the grid. The Russian mafia hasn't been doing any trades. Sarah is still undercover for us. The ball is in a few weeks, I've invited them, as a kind gesture. They won't miss it" he stood behind me.

His arms wrapped around me. "We will find them both" he whispered in my ear, kissing my hair. "I know, we will. I'm just losing my patience" I whispered.

"Let's go home, it's getting dark" he suggested and I nodded. He let go of me. I need to change my tampon. It would be smarter to be on the pill, however I'm not sexually active.

I let go of Valentina, but sex isn't something I'm ready for. Vincent said he will wait until I'm ready for sex again. He hasn't brought up the topic, I love him for it.

I know I am torturing him. I told him I don't mind if he slept with another person. He said he doesn't want anyone else, but me. so he will wait.

I've been ready for sex again. It's just I'm scared to his Jackson's face, while having it. I'm not scared of Jackson. I don't to have sex with Vincent, but see Jacksons face.  I want to see Vincent's, until I'm positive. I won't see Jackson's face I'm holding sex off.

His birthday is in a few days. He turns 23. He is three years also then me. I turn 20 in a few months.  I guess I can make an exception for him. On his birthday I might let him have sex with me as a gift.

"I will use the bathroom, see you downstairs" I said walking into the bathroom.

After I was done, I ran downstairs.  I get in the car. He starts it.

We arrive backed home. I get out of the car. I spot Ella leaving. She is going over to Sofia's. "Hey," she said.  "Hey" I hug her.

"So, Josie is back. She is staying over for a while." She whispered in my ear. I sent Vincent a glare. He brought her back her, after everything.