Chapter 38: Would you?

Aurora POV

I stare at him sleeping. This gentleman could tear my heart a million times and I will continuously love him. He doesn't have to touch me for me to know he loves me. It's been approximately two years since I met him. To think, I used to hate him breaks me. He always brought a smile to my face.

Everything regarding him is perfect. His essence, His eyes, His hair, The way his hair looked in the summer sun. His face when he runs. I could go all day and list everything that makes him perfect. His smile and heart top everything off. and his dick. He accepted me and loved me at my worse. He continues to do so.

I caressed his cheek, as I kissed his forehead. "We could have been parents, raising our own child. I was starting to show and Jackson noticed. that day, I asked what am I to you. I knew I was having your child. I had it planned when you came home, I was going to tell you. That child is now gone," I whispered.

I held myself together, I don't want to cry. My therapist says the pain will go away after some time. It's been a year and the pain is still here. Alessandro said it's not my fault. I shouldn't accuse myself. I know I can have another child with him anytime, I want. It's just, this could have been prevented if I had just told him the full truth. In some ways, this is my fault.

I know he is hurting, He lost his child. He acts tough in front of me, the only time he cried was the first month we reunited. After that, he became heartless again. What if I'm infertile? the thought of being infertile won't leave my mind. I know he wants an heir for his company and his mafia. Someone has to take over.

"Will you still love me, if I can't produce kids?" I cried. I felt his jaw clench. He pulled me closer to him. "I would still love you even if you were disabled," he whispered. "I swear If I hear you cry on this topic one more time. I will impregnate you" He said and I giggled. He says this all the time.

"Well, you should learn to take hints. if I keep talking about it th-" he cupped my face interrupting me. He leaned in and pecked my lips. "You think I want to witness pregnant Aurora. I rather go through pregnant Valentina," He teased. My smile faded away.

"Valentina would cry all day," I stated. He laughed. "No, we both know she wouldn't. She would shit down all day and search for baby shit" He said, I joined him and laughed.

"I don't want a planned child though, it won't feel right" I sat up. I want to look at my future child and remember that they happened during one of the multiple nights we had sex. I don't want to know the exact day.

"Whenever you are ready for sex again, I will not use protection" I playfully slap his arm. "no, protection didn't work the first time," I said.

"bare is better anyways" He turned around facing away from me. he does this to end the conversation. I am petty, and I won't let the conversation end. I climb off of the bed and walked over to his side and sat down. "hey," I said, trying to keep my laughter in. I heard him groan.

"You are so annoying. What do you want?"  He groans. "I want you to show some affection?" I said and he shook his head.  He wants sex from me, he is waiting. It's been a year that he hasn't had sex. He used to be dominant. He left that life for me.

On his birthday, I give myself back to him fully. Wait what's today's date? I reach over and tapped his phone. Today is the 5th of July. His birthday is on the 11th. That's two days. I already ordered my gifts for him and I have them hidden.

Someone texted him. I picked up his phone and opened the message.

Unknown: we should meet up again.

My jaw clenched. I look down at him raising my brow. "Who is this?"'I showed him the phone. He read the phone number. "Oh, a friend," he said. I know all his friends. Why didn't he save this person's number?

"Oh okay," I mumbled. "You certainly need to learn trust," he set me on top of him. "I do trust you. Just not around people I don't know" I whispered. He kissed me rather than responding to me. His hands went around my waist. He held my hips. He doesn't touch my behind.

He adores my ass, he manages to restrict himself from touching. He pulls away, "I need to shower," He said and I grimaced. It's been a year since the incident. I still follow him to the bathroom. Everywhere he goes I follow. I don't like the idea of being alone. "You coming?" he questioned and I nodded. He stood up with me in his arms.

He sat me on the sink.

I pray for the day I can move on from what happened. I'm human and I come with consciousness. Will it let me live? I can't help but wonder what goes on in Alessandro's mind. I catch him gawking at me, most of the time. His eyes constantly softened when they met mine. I can feel his eyes touch my heart as moments.

A few months ago, I attempted. The pain in his voice when he found me, made me wish I could take everything I did back. He is my main reason for existence. I used to persuade myself it was for Len. He is my secondary reason. I don't want him to have a deceased twin. I wouldn't want that for myself. I'm happy with everyone in my life right now. My mother would make it even better. Alessandro said we have a lead on her. I can't wait to find her.

...

I sat down behind his desk in his office. He steps in. "You know you would look hot on top of my desk," He said shutting the door. "I know, I would" I let my cockiness out. He walked up to me.

"Why are you mad again?" he asks as if he doesn't know. Earlier he thought it would be funny to hide my toys. "you know damn well why I am mad" I said. He bursts into laughter.

"You are like a child. You know when you take their toys and they throw a tantrum—Oh, I did take your toys," He continued to laugh. "you cheeks are so red, you need to calm down. before your other checks turn red" He added.

I look away in frustration. he did not just say that?  "she is quiet." he whispered.   "I will murder you one day. keep testing my patience." I stood up and walked out of his office.

"Valentina" He followed me. he grabbed my arm pinning me against the wall. "You have been saying that you will murder me from the day we met. I'm still alive and breathing," He said getting the point.

I lower my gaze. "you are running away from something, what is it?" he whispers. I turn my gaze back onto him. "hmm?" I let out questioning him. "I'm not following," I said.

"You are escaping from something. What are you afraid of?" he asked.

The answer to that question is something I choose to never think about or say aloud.

OU ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER.

WHAT IS SHE ESCAPING?

^ALL OF YOU BETTER ANSWER THAT QUESTION CORRECTLY!! 🙄

Until Next Time💝