Chapter 9: Insecure

TW: ED! Bulimia. Here is your warning.

Valentino POV

"Vic" I called out Victoria's name. She left campus early today without telling me. I walk into her room and she is under the covers. I hear a sob. Don't tell me she is crying? I walked up to her and removed the covers. "Leave me alone," she said. "No, I won't. What happened?" I asked, sitting down on the side of her bed.

"Do you really love me?" she said. "Yes, what kind of question is that?" I said. Is it something I did?. "Baby come here," I said, lifting her onto my lap. She hugged me burying her head in my chest. "What's wrong?" I asked caressing her back. "I saw you with Amy today," she said.

Oh god. I lost her trust completely when I cheated on her last year. I was mad and went out. I had gotten extremely drunk and slept with a random girl. Amy turned out to be the girl.

Today I talked to her to tell her to leave Vic alone. Amy thinks it's cute to rub in Vic's face that she had sex with me first. I've slept with a lot of girls before Vic and none of them meant anything.

"I was just telling her to back off and leave you alone. It wasn't anything serious" I said. She shook her head. "What," I said.

"No, I don't like you talking to her. Each time you guys talk, she has another reason why she needs to talk to me. There's only one person that can handle her for me, but we both know that person is not in the right mindset right now." she said.

The only person Amy is scared of is Lenny. Lenny beat the living shit out of her. Whenever Lenny isn't on campus she feels the need to talk to Vic.

"It wasn't anything serious. But I won't talk to her again if that makes you happy" I said. She lifted her head and stared at me. "You think we might split this year again," she asked. We break up almost every year. We are on and off. It's toxic but I don't see myself with anyone but her.

"No, why do you want to?" I asked. "No, I can't take another one. Please don't break up with me again this year," she said. She broke up with me last year though. "I won't, but the same goes for you," I said and she nodded.

"Why amy, out of all girls?" she asked. "I did know. I was drunk" I said. "Yeah, you had already seen something in her and when you were drunk it sparked," she said.

I really don't know what she is talking about. "Nothing," I said. "How do you not realize? All the girls you slept with before looked just like her. That's your type." she said. "I'm not," she said, starting to cry again.

She has a point. She looks different from any girl I've been with and that doesn't matter to me. It's not always about looks, it's about personality. "Well, I don't care," I said, cupping her face. "I do. I'm not the kind of your girl you like, '' she said.

Her and Lenny both suffer from misidentification. They compare themselves to others and forget who they really are. We all try to stop it before it gets deep into them thinking they are a different person. Once they forget who they are, it's hard to make them remember again.

This started when they had bad childhoods and saw others have it perfect. Also, Lenny looks different from most girls around here. Her physical features are from our mom. Vic just envy's perfect families and the girls who she thinks are prettier than her. Everyone is insecure but when they get worse it's good to have someone to handle them for you.

Lenny has Alessandro now. I know he will take her for me, even if I ask him not to. I can stop worrying about her as much. They don't like each other, but Alessandro knows how much she means to me and wouldn't hurt her.