Chapter 30: What am I?

Valentina POV

"As you know, it's your last week here, Here is your certificate. With your high grades, you will be able to get into a hospitals residency." My counselor said. I'm the government changed the priority for college students.

"Thanks," I took the certificate. "however, I noticed that you aren't well. Taking a year off and focusing on yourself is also an option. I've spoken with many hospitals if they allow it, they all said yeah. Mental health is important." She said.

"I was going to ask if that was okay. I plan on taking a year off and start working." I said. "it's more than fine. You should try a therapist. but have a wonderful day. I hope you succeed in life" She said. "thanks" I walked out of her office.

I already have a therapist and I don't use him. I wouldn't waste my money anymore, on him. I spot Len and I hid. I've been avoiding him since Alessandro found out about Jackson. He wants me to tell Len.

"Who are we hiding from" I jumped from a voice behind me. I turned around and it's Vicky. She is laughing, with a big smile. Once I tell Len, I will have to tell her. "You should talk to him, he is mad at you right now. He won't tell me why" She said.

He knows, I know he knows. Alessandro probably already told him. Len spots Vicky and walked up to us. "I have one class professor to met with, bye" I walked out. Someone grabbed my arm. It's Len.

"Walk out of this building right now, with me" He dragged me out of the building. He walked into the forest, which I usually come to for peace. We stopped walking once we were in front of the pond.

"What the fuck is going with you?" He said.

"Len" I whispered. "I have to tell you something, you won't like it," I said. "shoot," He said, his terms of telling me to speak.

"do you remember my bodyguard Jackson?" I asked. I don't want to straight-up tell him. I can't watch myself break him. I want him to figure it out. He slowly nodded.

"Okay, so He was the dude that kidnapped me at fourteen, you can finish the story," I said, his eyes watered up. "no, come one. don't do that" I said, looking away from him. there's one thing he doesn't know. it's about sleeping with different men.

"He is the one that is bothering you all these years?" he asked and I nodded. "So when Alessandro left me alone last week for three days. Jackson made me do something for him" I said.

"what was it?" He asked. "sleeping with different men, he was trying to catch someone and used me. He threatened someone I cared about, So I agreed." I said.

"Lenny, all these years. Your fucking eating disorder started off thanks to hi-" His voice cracked. "-him. All these fucking years one name could have saved you a whole lot shit. that man is friends with dad. I see his face every once in a while. You could have just told me." He said breaking down. I also joined him and cried.

"Len, it wasn't that easy. the man could hear everything, He knows when I'm in the shower or when I'm laughing at something. He threatened all of your lives if I told anyone." I moved closer to him. He hugged me.

He said my dad is friends with Jackson. That just broke my heart in every single way possible. "I know. Does Alessandro know?" I nodded.

"Don't Vicky. I want to tell her myself." I said.

"too late for that," he said. I lifted my head and spotted Vicky behind us. She has tears on her face. "I will let you two talk alone," Len said walking away. She slowly walked up to me.

"I can't believe you. I didn't even know there was a man bothering you. for years Valentina. You kept this from me. They knew someone was bothering you, but not who. I didn't know anything. When you would come to me crying, I was there for you." she lectured me.