Chapter 33: You can't!

Valentina POV

"Y-You love me" I stammered. The last man that told me he loved me broke me. "I think so"

"You can't love me" I muttered. Everyone that loves me, leaves me. "Why not?" he can't fall in love with me. Eventually, I will fuck it up and he will hate me again.

"You will leave me, once you do. You deserve so much better, you are a man with special needs. it will take a while before I can help you with those.  I don't want to hold you back, from that lifestyle. I'm a broken person, that shouldn't be lo-"

He kissed me, interrupting me. He pulled back, "I waited the first time, I don't have a problem doing it again" his response made me pout holding back my tears and sobs.

"I promise and I mean it this time. Until I find him and rip his heart out, I won't leave your side. I can't lose you again" Tears gushed down my face. Maybe he really means it, Maybe he is the one for me, Maybe so many maybes.

I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.  My stomach growled, I don't know when was the time I ate. I was living off of water and gum. "you need to eat" he said and I shook my head. I don't have the appetite to eat. My stomach growled again.

"Val, you have to"

"I don't have the energy to hold a spoon or hold anything," I responded. I'm too ashamed to go into the kitchen with everyone there, especially Len. He would be ashamed to have a sister like me. "do you think Len is still here?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's been spending nights here," He said. "you should talk with him," he added and I shook my head. "He convinced himself you were dead, He is in poor shape. He is your twin, talk to him" He said. "fine, I will. Can I meet him now?" I asked

"I will go tell him," He removed me off of his lap. No, No. I don't him to leave me.

Alessandro POV

I got up and heard sniffling. I stare at her and she is crying. "what happened?" I asked. "You are leaving" she sobbed. I sat back down and reached for my phone.

Me: She wants to talk to you, come in here

Tino: I just put Vicky to sleep, give me a minute.

Me: how is she?

Tino: same as us. how is Lenny? has she said anything to you?

Me: it's best if she told you herself. While you two talk, I will get her food. Until I text you I am back at the door don't leave her alone.

Tino: I can't believe I made myself believe she was dead. She was ten minutes away the whole time, I disappointed her and my mom. She was left under my protection, and I didn't do it.

Me: No, don't blame yourself. You didn't even know. It's all on me. I knew everything and didn't take proper precautions. what matters is that she is here now. 

Tino: Vince, did wasn't your fault. You trusted your men, as every leader should. You were aware of how strong your men were.  You just didn't know, some would betray you.

He walked in. "I will give you two privacy, Val I will be standing outside," I said. she didn't let go of me. "Val, I'm outside the door," I said, she let go. I patted Tino on the back, and I walked out. Alesstina walked into the room before I closed the door.

she was one of the many things, that reminded me of Valentina.

Valentino POV

"omg, mommy missed you" Valentina hugged her cat. I chuckle. she sat up and placed her head on my lap. This is the sign of telling me, we are going to have a deep conversation. I hesitated but I ran my fingers through her hair.