Chapter 39: Normal Again?

A/N: short Povs

Alessandro POV

"Clear," I yelled when I entered the Russian hideout. I tugged Valentina behind me with my arm. I usually leave her free to do whatever she wants. However this time, she can't leave my side. Leo and Gio ran into a room. "B-Boss," Leo stammered.

"Stay right here," I let go of Valentina. I walked into the room. There's a person tied up. It looks like a girl. Her hair is red. Each leg is tied up on the floor, spreading her legs. Her arms are also tied up. I take small steps towards her.  "My God," I heard Valentina scream.

Every nerve and muscle in my body quickly told me to turn around. I hold my gun firmly. She covered her mouth with her hand with tears streaming down her face. She didn't listen, I told her not to move. "I told yo-"

"Mommy" she whispered. wait that's Liz. She took slow steps towards the redhead female. Tino walked it and froze when he saw the redhead. "mom" He whispered. When Liz 'died' I was in Italy, I don't remember how she looked before she 'passed'.

"Aiutami a slegarla(help me untie her)" Tino walked up to me, handing me now his daggers. We both walk up to Liz. We cutter her down. She is unconscious, I glance over at Val. She is paralyzed, she isn't even blinking.

Tino carried her in his arms. He looked at Valentina then at me. "Your house?" He asked and I nodded. He walked out with Liz in his hands. Everyone walked out leaving me and Valentina alone. I walk up to her.

"W-We found her," she whispered. I hugged her kissing her hair. "Yeah, we did. One more to go," I said. Her hands slowly went around my body. She is shaking. I removed my rings and stepped back. I take her left hand and placed my rings on her fingers. She furrowed her brows. "Play with them, "I said. I carried her in bridal style.

We arrived back home. She quickly got out of the car and ran into the house. I get out of the car and spotted Tino. He is smoking near the pool. I walk up to him. "You good?" I asked.

He shook his head. "She is awake, I couldn't even look her in the eye without feeling ashamed of myself. She left her daughter under my care. I failed them both. I just hate the amount of pressure I'm put into. I have a company to run. My twin sister needs me. My mother turns out to be alive. My fiancé is going through a mental illness. I have a mafia to help run. I can't handle it all." He said, not making eye contact.

He is right, they put a lot of pressure on him. I blame his father. It's his job to look after them. He wants to marry Vicky, but can't. She isn't in the right mental state. He proposed and promised to wait for when she is ready.

The company is on him. He took over his father's company and it's a lot of chaos for him. Valentina hasn't been under his protection in a while. In a way, I helped him for Valentina. She is undermine. I failed to protect her once and I won't ever let it happen again.

"Tin-,"

"Thanks, I appreciate you. You took Valentina under your care. I don't think anyone else would have. She is a lot of handles and you stayed and helped her. You helped her with everything she's gone through so far in life. I know I won't have to worry about her when she is with you." He thanked me interrupting me.

"I haven't done a great job in protecting her," I said. He chuckled.

"We all slip up. It was once. She seems happier than ever now with you. Thanks to you we found our mom. You're really a brother. Hopefully, you and Lenny get be official and make us in-laws" He laughed.

"If you two are done with the bromance. Come in here. Valentina is having a panic attack," Sofia shouted. "Oh shit," I muttered under my breath and rushed inside using the backdoor.