Chapter 39

I heard footsteps earlier than usual the next morning, quickly I threw on a sweater and shorts opening the bedroom door waking Carl up in the process. "Who are you?" I casually asked the random man standing in our hallway. I pulled my gun out at the same time he turned around. Carl stood beside me, holding his gun out, "what the hell are you doing in our house?" The man held up the painting he was observing, "I'm just looking at this painting, while I wait for your mom and dad to get dressed. I'm Jesus." Right after he finished speaking Dad ran out half dressed. "Carl. Leah.. um hey." I laughed, as Daryl and Glen ran up the stairs also holding guns. "I wondered who the hell this man was talking about when he said my mom and dad were getting dressed. See I was a little confused because my mom is dead, I remember that clearly. Anyway have a great day Jesus, it looks like your quite popular around here." I shoved my gun in my back pocket as Dad sighed calling my name. "Morning." I smiled to Daryl Abraham and Glenn as I passed them on the steps.

I left the house blinded with anger, waking up to a stranger in the house and finding out Dad was sleeping with Michonne was not my cup of tea. "Come help me fill up gas." Carl said pulling me off the porch. "That man has a community, Dads going to check it out with a few people." I nodded handing him an empty tank. "I'm sorry you saw that this morning, I know how you felt about Dad with someone else." I shrugged, "It's weird to still miss mom, but I do and it makes me hate Michonne, I mean as a person I do really like her, but with Dad..."
Carl looked at me, "I miss mom a lot too, but I think a part of you also feels guilty for shooting her." I sighed filling up the tank, and passing it to Carl. "You're probably right."

I watched as Dad walked down the porch holding Judith, "I meant to tell the two of you about Michonne but it just happened." Carl smiled, "it's cool Dad." I gave him a small nod turning my attention back to the gas. "Leah come with me today alright?" I stared at him, "why?" He smiled, "you get mad when I don't let you, and get mad when I do?" I shrugged, "I'm allowed to be mad sometimes." Dad nodded, "see ya Carl." I stepped forward hugging Carl goodbye, "see you soon Leah."

Daryl held the RV door open for me, "Morning." He mocked me from what I said earlier. I sat in the back, watching Dad rub Michonnes leg. Daryl smiled, "he deserves to be happy, doesn't mean he forgot about your mom. And he sure as hell ain't gonna forget about you." I leaned back, "I know all that, let's just talk about something else." He nodded, "we don't have to talk." I shrugged annoyed, "fine by me."

I jolted forward as Dad came to a stop, I peered out the window seeing a car rolled over. "Those are my people." Jesus whispered. Everyone got off the bus but Dad and I. "Just stay here." I sighed sitting down, staring out the windshield. "I loved Mom more than anything in the world." I scoffed, "Dad I don't need the same pep talk that I got from Carl, from you. I'm glad the three of you are all close and happy." Dad shook his head, "what are you talking about?"

I scoffed, "you guys were stuck out there after the prison together, you're all bonded and close, you think I didn't realize that?" He nodded, "you're right, I see where your coming from, but nothing will change let me reassure you of that." I stood up as I saw everyone walking back to the bus. "Enjoy your ride father." He smiled, "really? That's the best insult you got?" I shrugged, "I've got a lot more in my head." He nodded, "good keep them there."

Not too much longer after the RV stopped moving again. "Must have rained recently, we're stuck." Jesus stood up, "that's alright, we're here."