Chapter 84

The next morning I got out of bed, seeing Carol was packing as well. "You're leaving?" I asked. She nodded, "I need to get back to the kingdom. It seems like everyones packing up."

"Turn around," she whispered. I did as she said watching as several saviours came out of the bushes. I held my gun up, and Carol shook her head, "where'd you get the gun Jed?" He smiled, "Alden he wasn't as quick as you. But I figured it out Oceanside's killing us. So they know what's coming for them." Carol stepped forward and I did the same thing, "you're gonna get everybody killed." He nodded, "sorry Carol, you're a weak little boss lady, step aside." I watched as he pulled his finger back loading the gun. Carol dropped her gun and the man grabbed keys off of her belt.

As he turned around I slammed my gun into the back of his head. I watched as another saviour shot at me and I quickly fired back. "STOP SHOOTING, THE HERDS ARE GOING TO HEAR." When no one listened I hid behind a tree leaning back and continued shooting until most of the saviours had ran.

I looked around at the camp and the saviours dead body's and sighed. "LEAH." I turned to see Daryl. "What happened here?" I shook my head, "the saviours came back, where's my Dad?" He waved me to follow him, "he's leading the herds away, come on."

I ran after Daryl circling the forest until we connected with Michonne, Maggie, Carol, Jesus, Rosita, Tara, Eugene and others they brought along. "I hear them, the herd." Maggie whispered. "They're on the bridge."

I pushed past everyone sprinting towards the bridge breaking out of the clearing first. I saw Dad slowly stumbling across the bridge clutching onto his stomach, with one of the biggest herds we've ever seen following him. I watched as he turned around and a walker was reaching out to bite him. "DAD." I screamed. Daryl held up his crossbow, taking one out, and then another one that got close. "He's hurt. We need to help him." I pleaded. Quickly I grabbed the walkie from Maggie. "Dad what can we do?" When he didn't answer I screamed into it, "WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?" Daryl sighed, "that herd would have went straight through Hilltop. He's trying to bring down the bridge."

I bit my lip, "No." Maggie grabbed my arm, "we turn them around, try to fight back. Divert them. Everyone grab your guns." I held up the walkie, "we're coming Dad. Keep walking back." I heard it click, "no. Leah. Don't do it for me." I let out a cry watching as he held up his gun, "Leah. Sweetheart. Just don't look. Promise me of that. Don't look. You're going to beat this world for all of us. I love you more than you could ever imagine, you're my little girl, this time I love you enough for Carl and I.

He dropped the walkie, and I let out a chilling scream. "DAD NO." I followed behind the rest of the group, until we came to a clearing in the woods able to see everything from behind the herd. Including Dad. "DAD PLEASE DON'T."

I heard his gun shoot, and then watched as the entire bridge erupted into flames, the shock sent the bridge falling down into several pieces. "DAD." I screamed. "DAD." I pushed forward my body was numb only moving because I was forcing it to. I let out loud screams using trees to help me move forward towards the bridge.

"Leah don't." I felt someone's arms on my shoulders holding me back. I turned to see Maggie, Daryl and Carol holding on. "Let me go." I cried. "LET GO OF ME." I reached down in my belt pulling my gun out pointing it at them. "LEAVE ME ALONE. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALL OF YOU."

I turned my attention back to the bridge trying to see through the mess of tears covering my face. "Why would you do this?" I collapsed onto my knees digging my hands through my hair.

Black smoke was filling the air and I turned around to the sounds of Michonnes cries. I felt Rosita kneel beside me, and I just simply looked up at her. She placed her hand on my head pulling me in. "I can't lose him." I whispered. "HE CANT BE DEAD."

Maggie sat on the other side and put her arms around both of us and I pulled away, "I don't want to be held by you. I just want my Dad. YOU MADE HIM CHASE AFTER YOU. YOU ALL DID. WAS KILLING NEGAN WORTH IT? WAS IT WORTH LOSING HIM." Maggie grabbed my face wiping off tears. "I know Leah. I know. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." I put my head in my hands, "how could he do that."

My knees could no longer hold me up, I fell onto my side clutching onto my heart letting out loud heartbreaking cries begging for this to all be a dream. "DAD." I screamed. I continued screaming his name even as Maggie pulled me onto her lap. It could've been hours that I laid there or maybe even minutes time all felt pointless, everything did.

I looked up as Daryl stood overtop of us. When I refused to stand up, follow them home, I felt myself get lifted up, and I let my body go, refusing to feel anything. I closed my eyes surrounding myself in darkness as Daryl held me tighter.