Chapter 67

"Morning." I whispered looking at Carl who was sitting in the corner holding a stack of papers. "Hey." I sat up grabbing my sweater, "what are you doing?" He shrugged, "just reading some letters I found. Can you grab Judith and feed her I'll be done in a few minutes." I stood up walking into her room smiling when I saw she was standing up in her crib waiting for me.

"Good morning Judith." I laughed picking her up. Together we picked out an outfit and then I carried her downstairs to the table. "Applesauce?" I asked remembering I wasn't going to get an answer from her.

Carl walked down the stairs squeezing Judiths hand and sitting down beside me. "I found some paint." I smiled following Carl out to the porch. He held Judith in his lap and I sat beside them. "Give me your hand Leah." I stretched it out and he covered in in blue pain. "Here, press it down on this board." I did as he said smiling when I saw my blue hand print.

He did the same thing to Judith and I smiled as she let out her cute little laugh spreading blue paint everywhere. Carl then passed me the paint, and I dipped the brush in carefully spreading it onto his hand.

"We need to let it dry now." I stood up washing my hands quickly and I spun around when a bright light flashed into my eyes. "That was a lovely photo." Carl smiled printing it out. He then turned the camera around so the frame fit the two of us in it. He put his arm around me and I smiled excited to see how it turned out. "Let's get one with Judith." He suggested. I held her up smiling once again at the camera. "Why do you suddenly want all of these pictures?" He shrugged, "why wouldn't I want a picture with my two little sisters." I rolled my eyes grabbing a cloth to wipe the paint off of Judith.

Carl held open the door, "our day isn't over yet guys." I sighed picking Judith back up, "what the hell do you have planned now." He shrugged, "a walk. Around all of Alexandria."

I smiled as we both took one of Judiths hands. Carl stopped at the sewer. "Can I tell you a secret?" I nodded. "That man, he's down there. I'm helping him." I looked down at the sewer, then back up to Carl. "Trust me on this." I sighed, "I do. Are you going down there." He shook his head, "I'm taking him food later."

I nodded, "should we keep walking?" Judith laughed and I took off in a run trying to get her to catch me. I stopped running long enough for her to stumble into my arms. Carl stood there smiling at the two of us. "How about some dinner?" I looked up realizing the sky was beginning to get darker. "How is it dinner time already? It feels like we just woke up." Carl shrugged, "you guys sit out there by the tree. I'll bring it outside."

I sat down pulling Judith on top of my lap pointing as Carl came back holding a blanket to sit on and a bag with our food in it. "I think this is the best day I've ever had," I whispered to Carl. He smiled, "that was the plan." Once I had finished eating I put my back against the tree. "I'm going to take some to Siddiq, I'll be back soon."

I took Judith inside setting her down in her chair, and stepped outside as I heard a loud banging from the gate. "You may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sound the alarm. See, we are polite, I don't know when they're gonna wake up but they are gonna wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit. YOU LOSE. ITS OVER." I slowly walked down the steps grabbing my gun from my pocket. It was Negan talking behind the gates but I didn't know how many men he had with him.

"So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses and work up some apologies, the person with the lamest one gets killed. Then I kill Leah in front of Rick, then I kill Rick in front of everyone." I ran towards Carl who was standing beside Michonne close to the gates. He dropped his hand down by his side and I squeezed it, "what are we gonna do?"