Chapter 88

The next morning I was sitting with Judith and RJ eating breakfast, and I watched as two men rode in. "Judith stay here." Quickly I ran out meeting them at the gate, these men were from Hilltop. "We have a message for you. Rosita was found unconscious in the woods, she's at Hilltop now."

Immediately I found my horse riding back with these men. It took us only a few hours by the time we arrived night time was falling. The gates opened and I gave my horse to one of the guards meeting Tara at the gates. "Now here's a face I haven't seen in a while." I smiled giving her a small hug, "you mind if I stay a few nights?" She shook her head, "you're always welcome here, you know that Leah." I looked around, "is everyone from Alexandria already here?" I saw Michonne just as I said that, "I'll be back."

Michonne turned her head as I called her name. "Leah? What are you doing here?" I sighed, "I heard about Rosita. I wanted to help." She nodded, "she's just resting now. Enid was asking about you. Henry is here as well. You should go visit." I gave her a small smile, "come get me if you need anything."

"Leah?" I heard someone call. I turned to see Enid running into my arms. "I haven't seen you in forever." I held onto her rocking back and forth. "You're staying a few nights, right?" I nodded, "I am. Wanted to catch up on lost time." Enid grabbed my arm, "Walk with me." I followed her over to the blacksmith and saw Henry working beside Alden. "You're taller than me now Henry," I smiled. He turned immediately laughing when he saw me. "Leah." He held on tightly and I smiled again, "you miss me a little?" Henry nodded stepping back, "you look much older now." I rolled my eyes, "is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"LEAH." I heard Michonne yell. "Rosita's up and she's panicking, she's going back out there." I opened my mouth to speak but Michonne pulled me with her. "We can't let her go out there alone." I nodded running after her. "She keeps saying that this herd that followed them out there is different. Eugene, is in a barn somewhere he got hurt and she had to leave him. That's where Aaron, Daryl and Jesus are." I scoffed, "Daryls here? Aaron is too?" She nodded, "I know."

I stopped at the gate where Rosita was being held back by guards. "We're going out there. We'll make sure they're alright." I promised her running towards the woods with Michonne. "Do you know where we're headed?" She nodded and we continued until the sky got darker and foggier. "I hear voices." I whispered. She put her finger to her lip and we walked towards the voices coming up to some sort of cemetery. Together we pushed through the gates running towards the other side, where the screams were getting louder. I saw Eugene leaning up against the gate, they were trapped out. "Move back." I yelled seeing the herd of walkers closing in around them.

Michonne and I both pulled on the gate and I sighed when it finally pulled. Two women grabbed onto it pushing it open further. "Who are you?" I asked. Michonne glared at them, "I thought I told you to stay put." The one with curly hair nodded, "we're earning our keep."Aaron and Jesus grabbed onto Eugene and we began making our way back through the cemetery.

I turned around as Jesus pulled my arm quickly grabbing my machete. Walkers were pulling knives out and running towards us. "Look out." I screamed.

Everyone began running through the gate but I felt myself get pulled back as Jesus tried to hold onto my hand. One walker was behind him, and I screamed in horror as I watched a sword stab through his body, and he collapsed to the ground. I charged at the walker killing it and then put my back against everyone's as more of them circled around us. "You die now." One whispered.

"Go." Michonne yelled pushing us through the gate. Daryl and Aaron picked up Jesus' body and the group of us began pushing through the fog far away from these whispers. "That was a person." Daryl grunted holding up a walker face. "These people are wearing walker skins." I looked at the mask narrowing my eyes, "they blend in with all the actual walkers?" Michonne nodded, "we need to be careful."