Chapter 54

I heard Negan begin to speak again making me turn to look at the crowd of people who were scared to move. Rosita stood at the very front and she quickly went into her back pocket pulling a gun out and shooting it at Negan. I watched it hit the bat instead and I opened my eyes wide waiting for his reaction. "SHIT. SHIT YOU JUST TRIED TO KILL ME. YOU HIT LUCILLE."

"WHAT IS THIS?" Negan asked holding up the bullet. "This is homemade, who made this?" Rosita was now pinned down on the ground by a saviour who had a knife pressed to her face. "I made it." Negan laughed, "see now you're just lying. I'm going to ask one more time, who made this bullet." Rosita sat up, "it was me." Negan smiled, "Arat, kill somebody."

The girl on top of Rosita spun around pointing her gun towards Carl, Olivia and I. Her bullet flew towards us and I fell back as Olivia came crashing down on the deck beside us. I dove down to her trying to see if she was still alive but she wasn't. "WE HAD AN AGREEMENT." I stood back up watching as Dad ran towards Negan. "Look everybody it's Rick, your people are making me lose my voice. Rick how about a thank you? I just bent over backwards to show you how reasonable I am. Your kids hid in one of my trucks and machined gunned a bunch of my men, but I still brought them home and made them spaghetti. Another one of your men wanted me to kill you to put him in charge. And then this girl just shot Lucille." Dad leaned forward "your shits waiting for you at the gate. Just go." Negan nodded, "sure thing right after I find the person who made this bullet." Negans men began holding guns up again and Eugene stepped forward, "it was me."

Negan sighed, "Lucille give me strength, I'm taking your bullet maker and your shit Rick. LETS MOVE OUT." Negan turned to dad again, "Rick I'm not going to lie, your daughter is a god damn bitch after everything I did for her today barely said a word to me. Called me an asshole, didn't listen to a word I said. You're lucky I don't take her, teach the girl some manners." I stared at Negan, before turning away slamming the door behind me.

"Leah." Carl called after me. "Get away from me." I whispered. "I'm sorry I made you come with me. I should've listened..." I turned to look as the door opened again and tried to sneak away when I saw it was Dad. "Leah Grimes, don't move another muscle." I sighed walking back into the kitchen with Dad and Carl. "I really want to know what the hell you two were thinking." Carl looked over at me and I just shook my head, "we weren't Dad, we were so angry we didn't even stop to think about what would happen after we killed Negan."

Carl sighed, "Leah didn't even want to come, she told me she was scared that it was a bad idea and I didn't listen to her. But I can't keep living like this, he's threatened to hurt Leah several times now, what happens when he actually does? Or when they kill another innocent person, are we just gonna sit here and be alright with it?" Dad nodded, "No we're not, but let me make it clear what you did there was stupid. What if he did chose to kill one of you? Would you be able to handle the fact that your stupid decision got your sister killed?" Carl looked at me, "of course not." I gave him a small smile, "if anything did happen it wouldn't have been your fault, I chose to come with you." Dad sighed, "are you two alright?" I shook my head, "after everything he's done? No. But I will be once he's dead." Carl put his hand on my shoulder, "thanks for not letting me go alone." He walked out of the kitchen and Dad put his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry, I tried to make him hear me, but he had made up his mind when we got on that truck." Dad held out his arms and I walked into them, "it's not your fault, nothing that happened today is. I know you wouldn't have let Carl go on his own." I sighed, "are we going to fight?" Dad looked at me, "do you know of another way?" I shook my head, "am I supposed to?" He sat down, "no, god no." I sat down beside him pulling my knees up to my chest, he turned to face me, "you did good today." I looked down, "no I didn't, Carl did." Dad gave me a small smile, "we're gonna win this fight, I promise, and to do that we need Hilltop on board. You down to take a little trip?" I nodded, "of course."