Chapter 51

The truck came to a stop and thats when Carl passed me a riffle. I heard Negans voice and wrapped my hands tightly around the gun. "Ready?" Carl whispered. I wanted to say no but there was no getting out of this.

A man climbed up into the truck and it was now or never, my heart began to beat fast, and once he got close enough to us I began firing. Carl pulled us out of the truck and I continued to hold up my gun. "Drop your weapons, I only want Negan. No one else needs to die." Carl yelled.

I turned my head as I heard a whistle, watching Negan walk up to us. "Wow you two are adorable. Did you pick those guns because they look cool? I'm not going to lie you guys scare the shit out of me." He grabbed one of his men holding him in front to protect himself. I turned to watch as Carl held his gun up and began shooting at Negan. Dwight charged at Carl taking him down off the truck and I dropped my gun putting my arms in the air.

I looked down as Dwight pinned Carl pressing his gun up to his face. "Dwight, back off." Negan ordered. "That's no way to treat our new guests. Come on kids I'll show you around."

I began to look at the gates trying to find somewhere to run. I locked eyes with Daryl who shook his head at me, which meant I had no chance of escaping. Dwight reached up grabbing my arm and pulling me off the truck. "Come on kids. Carl you do the same damn stink eye as your father. Only it's half as good. get it? You're really not going to take my hand Carl, your lucky you even have a hand." I walked over to Carl using my hand to grab his arm and pull him up. "Your baby sisters to the rescue. I'm starting to think she didn't even want to come here ain't that right?" When neither of us answered he smiled, "follow me, you kids, I swear, I'm not going to have time to screw any of my wives today."

I hesitantly began to follow Negan, but Carl stopped us. "What are you going to do to us?" I watched as Negan held up his hand, "don't shatter my image of you, you're a badass. Don't be scared of me. And second I'm not going to ruin the surprise."

Negan led us into his compound and walked up to the ledge. "Check this out." I followed him looking down to see we were in some sort of factory. Once everyone had caught sight of Negan they dropped down on one knee. "You see that? Respect." Negan began to walk away and I hesitantly followed him. "Leah you're awfully quiet." I nodded still walking behind.

Negan opened the next door revealing a room full of women. "Ladies, don't mind the kid. It's alright Carl
you're gonna wanna look at their titties, I don't mind, they don't mind go ahead. Sorry Leah, hang tight while the men speak."

I watched as Negan sat down in front of one of his wives who looked like she was crying. I couldn't hear the faint whispers between them so instead I focused on my shoes.

I turned my head as Daryl walked in with Dwight holding a plate. My eyes widened and I stepped forward but Carl held out his arm pushing me back. "Leah, grab that tray." I pushed past Carl slowly taking the tray out of his hands. "Why you got them here?" Daryl asked. Negan laughed, "Woah, don't make me put this toothpick through the boys other and only eye, go with Dwight, fire up that furnace, come on kids."

The next room we went into looked like Negans room it had a massive bed and a seating area. "Sit down kids. We're gonna get started. You're both smart, I'd expect kids your age to be doing nothing but moping around. But you two go on missions, you came here killed two of my men, you're both smart enough to know I can't let that slide." Carl nodded, "you were right before Leah didn't want to do this, it was my idea." Negan laughed, "you've got to take your bandage off, it's like talking to christmas present." Carl shook his head, "No." Negan slammed his hand down, "TWO MEN. Two men. Do you really want to piss me off?" Carl handed me his hat and I looked down at it instead of at him. "Christ that is disgusting. Have you looked in the mirror? That is gross as hell, I can see your socket." I could feel Carl shaking beside me not saying anything. "Holy hell kid, it's easy to forget that your just a kid. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything. I was just screwing around." Carl scoffed, "just forget it." I looked up at him, "you're an asshole." Negan smiled, "that may be the first thing you've said all day." I smiled back, "I choose my words wisely."