Chapter 12

I saw Maggie and Glen get into a vehicle the next morning quickly I ran up to them. "What's up Leah?" Glenn asked. I shrugged, "mind if I come?" They looked at each other and then agreed I got into the back seat and stared ahead as we began driving.

Exhaustion from what had happened hit me and I fell asleep, waking up to see we were at a gas station. I opened the door and my mouth hung open as I saw Merle dragging Maggie and Glenn away. I tried to duck down but he saw me. "Sheriff's daughter. Now what on earth are you doing out here?" I raised my gun pointing it at him. "Set it down Leah. We're surrounded," Maggie whispered. I slowly placed my gun on the ground raising my hands. Merle chuckled pushing all of us ahead. Glenn nodded at me to do as he said and I closed my eyes praying dad was coming for us.

I was put in a holding cell stripped of my shirt, they left me in only my bra. Merle slammed the door open crouching down in front of me. "Now listen here girly. Your daddy he ain't coming. Now I'll let ya stay here. On one condition." I glanced up at him, "I'm not leaving my dad. Im not leaving any of them." He chuckled, "fair enough. Why don't you tell me where my little brother is. If your big brother Carl was missing you'd wanna find him too." I nodded, "I'm not telling you shit about our group." Merle stood up, "wanna know what my daddy would do if he ever caught me talking like that?" I glared at him not offering an answer. He lunged forward connecting his fist with my face. My head swung back and I could feel blood trickle from my nose. "Fuck you." I spat out. He just smiled, "how old you say you were again?" I bit my lip, "fuck you." He nodded then took off his belt. Before I knew it he was swinging it against my arms and back. I was screaming out in pain begging for him to stop, and when he finally did he just stood there laughing.

A couple hours later Merle pushed through the door grabbing my wrist. "Come with me girly." I was sent into another room where a beaten Glenn was hugging a shirtless Maggie. I used my arms to cover up my bra shyly looking away. "Leah sweetie, are you okay?" Maggie asked. I nodded slowly sliding down the back of a wall. "Did they hurt you too?"
Glenn asked angrily. I looked up slowly shaking my head, "what does it look like." I was biting my lip to keep from crying, I deserved this. I was the one who shot my mother, I should die too.

"Did he touch you?" Glenn asked me suddenly. I pointed at my face that was swollen and bloody, "you know that's not what I mean." I shook my head no, "no he only beat me." Maggie wrapped her arms around me holding me close to her. Glenn got up and went over to the walker he pulled out bones giving me and Maggie our own. When the door opened we all lunged forward I stabbed one guard and was quickly taken down by another. "Get off of her." Maggie screamed. I looked up to see that it was Merle pinning me down. He laughed, "okay darling." I groaned as three more men stormed in. They threw each of us on our knees and put bags over our head. I held my breath expecting to be killed and jumped up when I heard I giant explosion. The bag was pulled off my head and I looked in front of me to see my dad. "Daddy," I cried burying my head into his shoulders. "Come on Leah, we got to run." I grabbed his hand following everyone as we ran into a building. Dad quickly locked the door then turned around wrapping me in his arms. "Are you guys okay. How bad they hurt you?" I stayed silent leaning against dad. "I'm okay," Glenn whispered. Maggie nodded in agreement. Dad unbuttoned his collared shirt giving me his plain white one that was underneath. "I want all of you to follow me." Dad kicked open the door and ran out. The rest of us followed we continued running until we were over the fence. We ducked down and I leaned my back against a truck, jumping slightly when a strange  women, named Michonne ran up to us. Dad and the group seemed to know her, I ignored their conversation looking down at my knees. "Leah, you ready?" Dad asked. I looked up confused, "for what?" He grabbed my hand, "we're getting Daryl back." I slowly stood up following them back over the fence into a firelit pit. Dad threw a gas bomb into it and we began firing shots. Daryl and Merle both ran over to us, and we made an escape through the fence into the forest where Glenn and Michonne were waiting.

I climbed into the car trying to drown out the sounds of  them screaming at each other. I turned around in time to see dad hit Merle over the head knocking him out.