Chapter 58

When I heard Benjamin snoring softly I pulled my blankets off walking downstairs quietly shutting the front door behind me. I sat down on the steps pulling my head into my hands, "Leah." I looked up when I saw Daryl standing in front of me. Quickly I wiped my tears from my face, giving him the best smile I could manage. "What happened?" I shook my head. "They tried to take me and I ran, I jumped out of Simons truck and I just fucking ran." He sat down beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Now Dad and Carl and all of them think I'm being tortured at their compound but I'm here, I have no way to let them know I'm safe." Daryl nodded, "ya you do kid. I'll tell them." I looked at him, "you're leaving?" He sighed, "tomorrow to Hilltop, if I continue to Alexandria I'll let them know, you're not coming Leah. When it's time to fight I'll come get you I promise you that, but until then stay here." I nodded, "you promise? You'll tell them I'm alright?" Daryl nudged me, "have I ever lied to you?" I shook my head, "thank you." He stood up, "I see you're staying with that boy. I'll be having a chat with him before I leave tomorrow." I smiled, "you really don't
need to do that." He nudged me, "go get some rest kid."

I climbed back into bed with Benjamin letting out a deep breath as he rolled over putting his arms around me.

"Morning." He whispered into my ear. I sat up rolling over towards him as he gently placed a kiss against my cheek. "Breakfast?" I grabbed one of his sweaters pulling it over after I took off his shirt. "You enjoying my wardrobe?" I smiled pulling myself up so I sat on top of him. "You're probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever met." I leaned forward connecting our lips. He tipped my chin up pushing my head back farther. "Breakfast sounded nice but this sounds better."

I laughed as he pushed me off of him. "Let's eat outside today." I whispered opening the blinds. He came up standing beside me pressing my head against his shoulder. "I could get used to this morning routine." I laughed putting my arms round his shoulders as he lifted me up. "Eggs sound good?" I nodded, "they sound magnificent."

He scooped scrambled eggs into two bowls and opened the door for me allowing me to sit down first. I finished mine quickly and then lay down putting my head in his lap. "What do you want to do today?" I turned my head as someone called my name from the street. "Leah." Carol came walking towards us and I sat up. She put her arms around me and I held her closely. "What are you doing here?" I looked down, "the saviours. I'm hiding from them." She nodded, "me too. I've actually got to get going."

I gave her a small smile, "are you going to help us?" She stared at me taking a few steps back, "I want to Leah. I really do, I'll see you later." I nodded leaning back onto Benjamin, as she left. "I found something for you." I raised my eyebrow, "and what could that be?" He handed me a necklace, "turn around I'll do it up for you." I smiled as I felt his fingers brush against my neck. "This looks amazing on you." I stood up grabbing his hand, "let's train, you want to and I owe it to you."

He followed me out of the gates and we hunted down every walker we could find. By the time we had finished it was getting late. "Let's go I'll make you dinner beautiful." I smiled, "I'm covered in walker blood, but still beautiful." He leaned down pushing hair from my face connecting our lips. "You're always beautiful." I smiled as we pulled apart, "I should warn you, my last two relationships didn't end well." He raised his eyebrow, "yeah? Why's that?" I shrugged, "they're dead." He let out a nervous laugh, "that's dark." I nodded, "one's name was Liam, that was when the world had just ended. The other was Ron, he liked me, but he ended up being a complete asshole, and then he died, after shooting my brothers eye out." Benjamin looked down at me, "I'm sorry." I shook my head, "don't be sorry. Just thought you'd like to know, I'm bad luck." We both laughed at this and he pushed me forward, "I'll take my chances."

I followed him back into his house jumping up onto the counter, while he went and said hello to Henry. "Salad?" He asked. I nodded watching him cut up the vegetables. "You alright?" I bit my lip, "I'm just missing my dad, my brother, and my little sister." He stopped cutting, and came to stand in front of me, "I'm sorry, it must be hard." I jumped down from the counter, "I know this makes me sound weak, but I want to hug them again more than anything." He shook his head, "no if I could hug my parents again. I would. Leah you're young, a few years younger then me. I know that, I also know how much you've been through. Wanting your Dad doesn't make you weak." I closed my eyes letting him wrap his arms tightly around me. "You tell me when you're ready to let go." I put my head against his shoulder, "thank you."

"No thank you Leah." I turned to him, "why are you thanking me." He smiled, "because I never knew what it felt like to find someone I truly cared about and loved besides my own family."

I sighed, "we haven't even known each other long." He agreed, "but it feels like we have, wouldn't you agree I haven't stopped thinking about you since we met." I smiled, "I don't think I'd want to be away from you again. If that makes sense." He nodded, "it makes all the sense in the world."

After we had eaten Benjamin went to tuck in Henry and I cleaned up staring out the window. "Do
you want to come lay down?" I spun around, "sure thing." He tossed me more of his clothes and I jumped on the bed looking up at his ceiling. "Night gorgeous." I rolled over facing him, "goodnight handsome."