Chapter 132

Daryl grabbed a hold of Carvers hair tipping his head back and pushing a knife against his neck. He walked out into the middle of the courtyard, "come out, and drop your weapons." Leah met him halfway, "what do you want for him?" Daryl scoffed, "weapons on the ground, and head north. If I see anyone at all, anyone. I'll kill them. Once you're far out enough. I'll let Carver go. You know Leah wouldn't let me kill him."

Leah shook her head, "you expect me to trust you two now?" I stepped out walking until I was directly beside Carver, "we're doing this all wrong. We have survived everything for what? To kill each other?" She met my eyes, "if that's what it takes." Daryl sighed, "it doesn't have to be this way. We're giving you a chance to save what's left of your family, and ours." She almost smiled, "no more lies. JANSEN." I jumped as a bullet hit directly beside my foot. Leah turned to us, "That was a warning, the last one. EVERYBODY OUT." Maggie and Negan stumbled forward with another one of Maggie's people. She turned to Daryl and I, "Lower your knife and cut Carvers rope." When we didn't move she held her walkie up again, "Jansen, kill the girl." My heart stopped and Carver started screaming through his gag. I reached my hand to his arm giving him a small smile. "It's alright." I closed my eyes, planting a small kiss on his lips and then stepping back waiting for the bullet, but Daryl held his arms up, "NO. FINE." He let Carver go and I pulled him towards me using my knife to cut through his hand rope and gag. "You alright?" I whispered. He put his head against mine and I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes as he pulled my head into his shoulder squeezing his arms around me. "I love you," he whispered into my ear. I felt his arm twist around my body pulling my back against his chest. He pulled us back to Leah's side, "I'm not letting you die with them," he whispered into my ear.

Leah held her hand up, "NO ONE MOVES." Maggie's man started to limp over to me and Carver. "If he takes one more step, you all die." I watched as the man collapsed in front of Carver who was antagonizing him. Carver took a step forward to kill him, but a gun shot went off and Carver fell to the ground grabbing onto his leg. I lunged forward pushing my hand down on the wound. "It's okay, you're gonna be fine," I whispered watching the blood pool onto my hands. He grabbed onto my wrists trying to steady his breaths and I stared helplessly down at him. I pulled my tshirt off, I didn't care I was left in only my sports bra, I wrapped it tightly around his leg ignoring Maggie's screams telling me not to save him.

Leah grabbed her walkie screaming into it, "JANSEN WHAT THE HELL." It clicked and I listened as Gabriel answered, "nope. No Jansen here. I go by Gabriel." I put my hand on Carvers face, "stay down."

Leah turned to me, "does your deal still stand?" Maggie shook her head, "you had your chance. You were gonna kill us, pick us off one by one. Now Gabriel does the same thing to you." Leah shrugged, "maybe you're right, but we can take a couple of you down before he gets us all. Starting with Leah here."

I looked up as she stood directly over top of me. Carver shook his head, "no, leave Leah out of this."  I looked down at him, "I'm fine. No I'm fine. If killing me is gonna end this. then do it. But then Carver doesn't die. Do you hear that Daryl, Negan, Maggie." I grabbed the walkie from Leah, "Gabriel you don't shoot him again. Am I understood. If this is what it takes Leah. Kill me you fucking bitch."

She shook her head, "I don't want to, I mean it, just let us walk, and we won't have to do that. You saved your family, let me save mine." Daryl turned to me, and I nodded, "yeah, fine." Maggie sighed, "drop your weapons and go." Leah bit her lip, "not without Carver." I met her eyes, "he'll be fine. Just go." Leah turned to her men, "do it." She then knelt down to Carver, "I'll see you soon."

They began to leave and I lay down pushing my face against Carvers. "It's over Leah." I let out a small relieved laugh, "we're both alive. We made it." He put his hand on the back of my head holding me as close to him as possible. "So about that prom date?" I smiled, "yes, of course."

"Get up." Daryl whispered to Carver, I lifted my head ready to push Daryl off but I saw Maggie and immediately screamed, "MAGGIE NO." I watched as she lifted the gun Daryl gave her firing it three times chasing after Leah and the last two men. Daryl stood up. "MAGGIE." I placed my hand over Carvers eyes not letting him see this. "WHAT THE HELL?" I screamed. She knelt down grabbing the axe beside us, "if you wanna die for this man, so be it Leah." I glared up at her. "I will die for him, and then you'll have to live with what you did to me." Daryl shook his head, "I'll kill you Maggie, if you touch her." As she began to swing the axe Carver used all of his strength to push me off and I watched as it swung down into his chest.