Chapter 113

I slumped down against a tree gasping for fresh air. I squinted through the branches letting out a small cry when I saw the flames. I had no idea if anyone was alive, I didn't even know who was there. The sun came up and I was too weak to force myself up, even if I did I'd have to fight off several walkers alone to get into Hilltop.

"Leah?" I looked up to see Lydia. "I thought you were dead." She whispered. I shook my head fighting hard to keep my eyes open, "Lydia go find help." She looked hesitant to leave me. "Leah, you look really really bad." I nodded, "I feel that way too. That's what happens when a cave collapses on you. GO. NOW."

I waited a few hours trying to keep myself awake and alert. "And here she is." I recognized this voice immediately. "No," I whispered. "They don't even know I'm alive. I didn't kill you Negan. I Didn't." He knelt down in front of me, "I'm not gonna kill you kid." I tipped my head back letting out a small cry, "I think I'm going to die." He sighed, "no, no you ain't."

"Tell them I made it out of the cave. That I tried to get to them. I was there the whole fight." Negan put his arm under my shoulder and I let out a soft cry as he pulled me up. "I know where they are." We walked slowly and carefully until we reached an open field. "The camp is nearby. They'll find you here." He whispered setting me down. I stared up at him, "you said. You said you were going to help
me, you asshole." He shrugged, "I did Leah. They weren't going to find you where you were." I wiped a tear from my eye, "I'm begging you. Please don't leave me. I'm sorry for everything I said, and did." Negan stood up, "you're gonna make it kid, you always do."

I slammed my fist into the ground beside me as he got up and walked away. I cried out as I turned myself around so I laid on my stomach. It took me a few more minutes before I sat up on my knees using my arms to keep myself steady. "HELP," I screamed. I tried to call again but my energy was almost completely gone. I tried to remember the last time I ate, or slept but I couldn't. It hasn't been that long I thought to myself, but it only takes a couple days of no sleep to start hallucinating. I was dehydrated too, I needed to find water.

I started crawling, the least I could do was find a more hidden spot. "JESUS FUCK." I screamed. "HELP."

I collapsed by a tree pulling branches off to try and cover myself. "I left her here I promise." I lifted my head up. That was Negans voice. "NEGAN." I screamed with every last ounce of strength I had.

"LEAH." It was Daryl. "LEAH." He called again. I let out a sob when he got close to me. "Leah," he whispered kneeling down. I ignored the pain circulating through my body, and fell into his arms. He held me tighter than he ever had before and I could tell me was crying which made me cry harder. "I'm sorry," he whispered over and over. "I'm so sorry. I tried to find you." I nodded, "I tried last night. I tried so hard." He put his hand on the back of my head, "I'm gonna get you home, Leah. We're gonna help you." I didn't let go keeping my head on his shoulder, trying to catch my breath. "How are you alive?" I tried to answer but my voice was slipping away from me and so was my vision.

I groaned sitting up, I narrowed my eyes trying to make place of where I was. "Leah." I heard two children squeal happily. RJ and Judith were on my bed, their faces were literally inches away from mine. Then Daryls face came into view, "give her a minute to come to." I took a deep breath, letting a few tears slide down my face. "I'm alive," I whispered. Judith couldn't help herself, she jumped forward wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. Her face was wet with tears and I squeezed my eyes shut enjoying the feeling of their little arms wrapped around my body.

"I have something to tell you Leah," Judith said. Daryl cut her off, "nuh uh, not right now. I'll come get you when it's time." She sighed looking at me one last time, "I thought you died Leah, I told mom you died." Daryl looked at her, "come on, you guys can come back soon. You just gotta give her room to breathe."

They both agreed giving me one last hug and Daryl sat down at the end of my bed. "I really thought you died Leah. There ain't words I can use to describe what I felt when that blast happened. I'm sorry." I met his eyes trying to find my voice, "I was so scared. I didn't think we were gonna make it." He came closer putting his arm around me and I let myself lean onto his shoulder. "I thought I killed you. Then when Magna came back alive I thought I had a second chance to save you and I failed again." I bit my lip, "Magna made it?" He nodded. "What about Connie?" Daryl sighed, "we haven't found her yet." I put my hand on my shoulder realizing it was in a splint made from a shirt. "I'm alive, that's all I wanted, we'll find Connie. We all made it out of that cave." Daryl nodded, "damn right."