Chapter 119

After everyone had stopped working I was happy to see there was soup. I went and grabbed RJ and Judith leading them to pantry where they were serving it.

I grabbed myself a bowl and sat with the two of them quietly listening to them talk amongst themselves. I looked up as Aaron made his way over to us. "Gracie would love a sleepover, if you two were up for it." They both smiled up at me, "can we please?" Judith asked. I nodded, "sure." I watched as the two of them ran off leaving their bowls here. "I hope that's alright, I figured you could use a break." Aaron said. I shrugged, "they could use a change of scenery." He smiled, "you're welcome to come over for a bit too." I gave him a small smile, "thanks."

I collected all our bowls washing them and returning them to the pantry and then I walked back home. Instead of actually going inside I sat down on the steps. I lifted my head as I saw Daryl walking down the path here, to his room downstairs. "You're back?" He nodded sitting down with me. "Find anything out there?" He sighed, "you know when you were out looking for your dad. We went a long time without running into each other." I nodded, "we went years without seeing each other."

I listened as he continued on. "I met a woman. That's who dog belonged to. Her name was Leah too." I bit my lip, "why are you telling me this?" He took a deep breath, "I went back to where we met today, just been thinking about her a lot lately." I nodded, "what happened to her?" He shrugged, "I don't know what happened to her." I gave him a small smile, "was she as pretty as her name?" He scoffed, "nah, I've never met a pretty Leah, probably never will." I rolled my eyes, "it was probably your charm that drove her off." Daryl laughed, "get some sleep kid. We're going to an army base, look for some food tomorrow."