Chapter 123

Maggie turned to me, "Alden wants me to leave him behind." I closed my eyes, "are we going to?" She sighed, "we don't have another choice. We're coming back for him." I nodded, "of course." She put her hand on my arm, "we gotta keep moving though, we're leaving soon." I nodded, "I'm gonna go say goodbye."

I pushed open the church doors with Maggie behind me. "I have a question for you two." Alden whispered. I sat down beside him, "shoot." He sighed, "if anything happens to me, will one of you look after Adam. Please." I squeezed his hand, "of course we will take care of him, but nothings going to happen." He smiled, "I'm not loving my chances." I shook my head, "don't say that." Alden closed his eyes, "you're right, I'll see you when you get back."

Maggie left him some supplies and I gave him a hug before taking off back into the forest.

We made our way through the trees there weren't too many walkers, but they still slowed us down quite a bit. "We need to get moving if we're gonna make it to the satellite tower before the others." Negan shrugged, "if the others even make it there." I glared at him, "shut up." Negan sighed, "if you really hate me Maggie, I don't understand why you haven't killed me yet." She stopped walking and I watched as she grabbed a knife throwing it, Negan jumped out of the way, and it went right into a walker.

She met his eyes, "I ask myself that everyday." Negan turned to me and whispered, "shit." We kept walking until we made it into some sort of town. "Doesn't look like anybody's been here." Negan said after we walked into one of the houses. I could tell this is the one where Maggie hid supplies. Maggie shrugged, lifting open a trap door, "so we wait." She handed me amo, and I loaded my gun. Negan nodded, "how long?" She turned to him, "how long would you want someone to wait for you?"

Negan lifted his head, "I just think the longer we stay here, the higher chance that these lunatics catch us. Maggie you need to know when to cut your loses." I grabbed a bag of dry noddles shoving a handful into my mouth, I hadn't said much the entire walk here because I actually found it quite entertaining listening to them. I mean I know how hard this is for Maggie, but Negan on the other hand isn't making it any easier. "The loses are my people Negan." He shrugged, "you've still got your people back at Alexandria, you got Hershel and Leah." She glared at him, "do you think I don't know that." He sighed, "look I know I don't have a vote here, but here's mine anyway. We give it till sundown. They don't show, they're not gonna."

I looked down at my feet, thinking about Daryl. He couldn't be dead, that's not how he worked. "Leah," Maggie whispered. I met her eyes, "yeah?" She gave me a small smile, "Daryls gonna make it, so are the rest of them, so is Alden." I bit my lip, "you should know not to make promises you can't keep."

I sat down on the stairs, and for a while we didn't talk to each other. I lifted my head as Negan started to pack his bag. "What are you doing?" Maggie asked. He didn't look up, "I'm leaving." I stared at him, "you're taking all the supplies." He nodded, "I'm taking them back to Alexandria. To Judith and RJ. You should thank me for doing what you can't." I jumped up lunging towards him swinging my fists. "Fuck you." I spat. He pushed my arms away holding them down by my side, "stop it." He then looked at the two of us, and Maggie stepped forward slamming her fist into his jaw.

My head whipped around when I heard the door open and I held my gun up, Maggie did the same and she let out a relieved sigh, I peaked my head up hopeful to see Daryl but it was Gabriel and one of Maggie's men. "Oh my god you made it. Are you okay?" I noticed Gabriel was having trouble standing. "We've been worse. We found each other in the woods, we didn't think any of you survived."

Gabriel looked at us, "what about the others." I listened as Maggie listed off the two that died and then explained we didn't know where Daryl was. "So we wait," Gabriel whispered. Maggie and I nodded in agreement, "we wait."