Chapter 60

"Tomorrow." Carol whispered. I looked at her as she wiped my tears, "tomorrow what?" She pulled me up, "tomorrow we're going to fight." We sat on the floor together for a few more hours until early morning.

I stood up cleaning my face off. "I'm getting ready now." She nodded, "I'll go with you Leah." We walked outside and I saddled up horses and grabbed weapons preparing them. "You're up early?" Ezekiel said standing from behind us. I spun around, "we need to leave soon." He held up his arms, "my men are getting ready now. Patience is our friend here."

I shook my head, "this is my family we're talking about. I'm leaving now. I'm not going to lose anyone else." He nodded, "alright Leah."

Once all the men had suited up we began riding over to Alexandria. As we arrived at the gates I saw Negans trucks were already here. I pushed myself off my horse grabbing my gun. The first person I tried to find was Negan.

All of Alexandrias people were on the ground surrounded by saviours who had guns to their heads. Ezekiel led his men in first and I followed closely behind.

I watched as the Savours began sprinting towards their trucks. I did the same following until bullets came flying back at me. I jumped behind a car, until I had more people by my side. We all pushed forward following the saviours to our gate, I was close to Negan until a smoke bomb was thrown close enough to me that I couldn't see my own feet. I began to fall back unable to find anyone.

I waved my arms in front of my face trying to see where I was running. "There you are sweetheart." I heard Simon laugh. I was thrown down onto the ground and threw my hands on my face to wipe away the blood dripping down from my nose. I stared up at him as his gun was held above my face. Quickly I searched for my knife throwing it and rolling out of the way. A searing pain shot from my leg and I let out a scream when I saw a bullet laying on the ground beside me. I cocked my gun and began shooting as he ran away.

When I no longer saw him I gripped my leg gasping for air as blood had soaked through the side of my jeans. It didn't go through me it grazed the side. Slowly I pushed myself up, limping to find somewhere to hide. "Leah?" Carl whispered. "Where are the rest of them?" I screamed holding my gun up. "They're gone, everyone's gone." I fell back to the ground breathing heavily. "What happened to you. We thought you were gone, we didn't know if you were dead or alive!" I shook my head, "help me wrap my leg." He pulled off his shirt tying it tightly around me. "DAD." Carl hollered. I looked over as Dad came running towards me. "Dad," I whispered as he knelt down looking at my leg. I put my arms on his shoulder leaning my head down. "You're alright Leah girl. You're home now." I closed my eyes as he lifted me up, each step he took I flinched as my leg hit against his.

I tilted my head back as he set me down on an infirmary bed. My eyes began to close from pain and exhaustion. "Stay with us Leah." I heard Carols voice in the distance, "she hasn't slept, Benjamin.. he was killed." As soon as I heard her say this I squeezed my eyes shut letting myself drift off.

Hours later I woke up unfamiliar to my surroundings at first. "You're in the infirmary, in Alexandria. They said it looks like you hit your head pretty hard." I turned to see Michonne who looked roughed up across from me. Carol walked in and sat down beside me, "I never believed in guardian angels or whatever. But today, I believe you had Benjamin looking out for you." I gave her a small smile, "that sounds like him." Carl pushed open the door with dad behind him. Carol stood up squeezing my hand, "he would want you to be happy, I know that much."

I slowly pushed myself up as Dad and Carl sat on either side of me. "Daryl and Carol filled us in, on everything." Dad whispered holding out his hand. "I really don't want to talk about it." Carl nodded, "thank you Leah." I looked at him, "for what?" He smiled, "you saved my life. If you weren't such a stubborn person the kingdom wouldn't have arrived when they did, and Negan would've killed me." I nodded, "I'm glad I did something right." Dad shook his head, "you can't talk like that, everything you did was right from the moment the saviours took you, it was perfect. You were alone, you lost someone you cared for deeply, but you still came back." I shrugged, "I wanted to let you know I was okay. I'm sorry." Dad sat down on the bed beside me, "why are you sorry?" I looked up at him, "because you went all this time thinking I was gone." Carl shook his head, "when I said earlier that I was shocked you were alive, I wasn't. I was shocked you were there sitting in front of me. Of course you were fine, you always are." I leaned my head back, "I really missed you both." Dad pulled me into his arms pressing his face against the top of my head, "I'm never letting go of you again kid, you got that?" I put my arms around his, "I don't want you to." Carl came and sat on the other side of the bed also joining in. "I'm sorry about Benjamin, and I'm sorry I wasn't there with you." I nodded, "I'm sorry about a lot of things too."