Chapter 7

I ran into another big room next of our and closed the door and sat on the floor.

"Why did you take that bread? You little piece of shit?"
"I'm sorry, I was just hungry. I won't ever do it again." Naina sobbed.
"Come here, let me teach you a lesson. Today onwards you should never take something that isn't yours." The woman yelled at that  little 5 year old child.  The woman grabbed the kid's hand and dragged her to the kitchen.
That little girl cried her hearts out as the woman placed a hot iron rode into that kid's back. Every other kids in the orphanage was staring at them. Some of them were crying along with that girl.
The girl passed out due to pain. She woke up after 2 days to find herself in a hospital bed near to her new orphanage caretaker, Sarojini.

Tears started to run down her face. She hated that memory. Her thoughts got interrupted when someone knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" Naina asked sniffling.
"My name is Lakshmi, I'm a maid here." The woman from the other side of the door said.
Naina half opened the door to see a woman in her late 40s. The maid handed her the new dress for her to change.
Naina quickly wiped her tears and changed into her new dress. It was a red top and black leggings. She combed her hair with her hands and tied into a bun and left the room.
As Naina was coming downstairs, she heard Shivaay calling her name.
Naina turned around to see Shivaay coming downstairs.
"Naina, I need to talk to you." Shivaay said and took her into another room.
It looked like a home office. It was a well lit room unlike Ishaan's. The walls were filled with Shivaay and Anika's photos. Their wedding photos, honeymoon pictures, vacation photos...they looked so cute together and so in love.

Shivaay took a seat in one of the chair and gestured Naina to sit too. She did.

"Naina, I need you to promise me something." Shivaay said to Naina staring at her.
"What is it, Shivaay bhai?" She blinked in confusion.
"No matter what happens you won't leave Ishaan."

She didn't know how to respond to that. She took a few seconds to understand what he said.

"Why would I leave him? " She asked Shivaay in return.

"A married life with Ishaan is never going to be easy. He's a hard person to understand. He don't show emotions that much. In fact, I haven't seen him laughing in a long time. All he does is smirk. He's arrogant. He thinks he have it all figured out. But deep down, he's still my innocent baby brother." Shivaay voice started to tremble.
Hearing Shivaay's words, Naina understood how much Ishaan's brother love him.
"He was lonely almost all his life. He was send to study in a boarding school when he was 5 years old. When he comes home during summer, our parents were never here. I was the only one he had. That's why he listened to me and agreed to marry you."

"He's going to make your life hard here, just so you leave him alone. That's why I needed someone like you. Someone who stand by him no matter what, somone who loves everyone, who take care of orphan kids, someone who gives up their scholarship money to help some kid." He looked upto see her reaction.

Naina was shocked to hear that. No one knows that expect Sarojini.

"Sarojini told me about you. That's when I knew, you would be perfect for Ishaan. It's only through you, Ishaan gonna see light. Please I beg of you, Naina. Please take care of him." Shivaay was practically begging to her and Naina couldn't stand it. Tears started to well up in her eyes.

"Yes, Shivaay bhai. I promise to take care of Ishaan in his worst times. I will be his side no matter how much he pushes me away. I promise." She gave her word to Shivaay and a smile started to appear on his face.

"Also, Please don't let him know that I told you all this." Shivaay added.

"No. I won't." Naina smiled.