better for u.

"And she completely ignores me after. One moment she is craving for my comfort, hugging me tight, the next she ignores me. I don't understand this." I raise my arms dramatically in the air.

I'm at Dr.Salman again. My therapist.

Yes, I went to him again after my outburst at the last visiting. I realised I need to get some help with my anger issues.

"Maybe she doesn't want you to think of her as a vulnerable person." Dr.Salaman smiles.

I don't reciprocate.

"I just want her to see that I love her and I need her in my life." I sigh.

"Ishaan, she had suffered through some terrible events and she needs time to see that you've changed." Dr. Salaman gives me that don't-give-up-hope smile.

"But how much time?"

"I don't know. Have you ever really apologized to her?"Dr. Salman raises his eyebrows at me.

"Umm...I haven't actually. Whenever I tries to apologise she pushes me away. And when I finally get a chance then I can't find that words." I bury face in my palms.

Dr. Salman laughs seeing my agony and I gives him a fuck-you stare back.

"Sometimes it's better to write what you want to say first and then say it to her." He advices and continues. "Ishaan, you're not a bad person. Just like Naina you were deprived of parental love at a young age and it adversely affected your future relationship. It happens and it's not your fault. But coming here, and trying to be a better person for your wife, alone makes you a good person. So stop drowning yourself in guilt and go talk to her." Dr. Salman closes his pen and gives me a final smile.

***********************************************************

I drove to her college, even though she told me not to visit her. But I miss her and I want to see my wife.

I wore a simple hoodie and jeans to draw less attention. I walked into the campus scanning every girl to check if it was my Naina.

Maybe she's in her class, so I wait for her under a tree. The sun is shining on my eyes, so I shield it using my hand. And through the cracks between my fingers I saw her walking with a friend.

She talks to her friend and laughs. I stare at her and smile to myself.

How did I get so lucky? She's more than beautiful. She's an angel.

The friends says something to her and went the other way. Now she's walking alone. I took my opportunity.

As she walks by me, giving me no attention, I grab her by the hand and turns her to me.

She shrieks in surprise with wide eyes.

"What are you doing?" She asks me. But I don't say anything in return. I stare at her as her eyelashes flutters, her amber eyes glowing in the sun, and her hair loose in the wind.

I tuck a loose hair behind her ears and I hear her breath starts to elevate. I love how she is under my touch.

"I'm here to see my wife." And I pull her closer to mine.

"Let me go. Someone will see us." She is trying to pull away but I reinforce my grip.

"I don't think the college will punish you for standing close to one of their biggest trust funder." I bit my lip watching her eye widens.

"What? You're one of the trust funders here ?"

I nod in reply.

"Do you have any class after this?" I ask her.