Chapter 26

NAINA POV

I woke up to see Ishaan already left for Kolkata. I missed him, but work is always a priority. 

I found a note beside my bedside table that said 'All the best for your job interview, Wifey.' 

Oh God, I almost forgot that today was my job interview. Ishaan's friend will be there in his office at 9 am.

I quickly showered and put on a white shirt and black pencil skirt. It was good enough for a job interview.

Ishaan had already prepared me a ride in his Volvo car. The driver helped me to reach the office in 10 minutes. 

I stepped out to find the building deserted. Today was a public holiday. 

I stepped into the elevator, because Ishaan told me that his friend would be there to collect some files. 

Surprisingly, I wasn't as much as nervous as I thought I would be. It was Ishaan's best friend,  it would be cool to meet his friend.

The elevator opened into the top floor. I walked into his office. It was weird to see the whole floor empty. 

The door was open and I can see someone sitting on Ishaan's chair, but his chair was turned to face the glass wall which showed the whole Mumbai city.

I knocked on the door even though it was open.

"Come in." He said and he still haven't turned around.

I don't know why but the voice sounded really familiar. I felt something was wrong. My heart started to beat fast.

I slowly walked up to the desk.

"Hello". I greeted him.

The chair slowly turned to face me. 

I took a sharp breath. It was him. The person I saw in every nightmare of mine.

"Hello, My name is Aarav Shankar." He stretched his hand out to me.

It's him. A.S.

I stood still, my legs shaking. I couldn't scream nor I could make any noise. Everything felt still.

"It's nice to meet you.....again, Naina." He smirked.

The scar I gave him was barely visible on his forehead. 

"Naina, This is such a weird coincidence. Don't you think?" He stood up from his seat and slowly walked upto me. I was still standing still. I didn't know I was crying until I felt a wetness in my cheeks.

He stood behind me and glided his hand on my hair. 

I wanted to kick him, yell profanities at him. But my whole body was frozen.

"I love how your own husband gave you back to me to finish what we started last year." He chuckled behind my ears.

"Don't you think we should finish it? Tell me, Naina. Do you want it?" Aarav smelled my hair. And I could feel his breath on my skin.

The adrenaline kicked in. I elbowed him on his stomach and suddenly fled to the door.

But Aarav somehow pushed a button and the door closed itself.

I screamed. "What do you want?" I yelled at him. Tears were rolling out my eyes and my cheeks were burning with anger.

"I just want you, Naina. And your husband said I could have you." He smiled at me.

"What are you saying?" I know he's a liar but something told inside me that what he telling me true.

"Well, you can see it yourself." Aarav clicked some buttons on Ishaan's laptop and turned the laptop to face me. Some CCTV tape of Aarav and Ishaan sitting in this same office popped up on the screen.

"Dude, This is not a big deal. You can leave her. She's just an orphan. There's no one to come for her. " Aarav said to his best friend.

"No Aarav, I can't do that. I made a promise to my brother that I'll never leave her. Also I can't say the reason why I'm leaving her. It will break him."

"Then use her. Make her do all your chores, torture her, make her life miserable so that she will leave on her own." Aarav laughed.

"Oh God, I cant even look at her now. If I could give her to you, I would." Ishaan closed his eyes in frustration.

"Haha, I would take her in a minute. It would be good to have a whore to do my chores." Aarav laughed again. 

"Look at this, see it yourself. This is how your husband feels about you. " Aarav laughed at me.

My whole life was breaking down around me. There were so many moments in my life that hurted. But this one, hurted the most. It hurt like a hell. The person I loved, the person to whom I gave my heart, betrayed me. All his sweet words, all his kisses, all his touch, everything was a lie. 

I sobbed into my hands. I wanted to die. I longer wanted to live like this. 

I screamed at him and myself. How fool was I to believe a billionaire boy would care about me.

My legs went weak, my whole body shivered, I was sitting on the floor paralyzed.

But I felt Aarav hands around me and he made me forcefully stood up.

"Look, I'm not going to touch you. I don't need girls like you to satisfy my needs. I just wanted you to show you the truth. You can leave now." Aarav pointed me to the open door.

I carried myself to step out of the building. 

Everything felt heavy, the air, my body and my broken heart.

I walked into the street with no destination.

******************************************************

Author's note - The video tape of Ishaan and Aarav happened in the chapter First Night.

How you guys felt about this twist? Keep reading to find out more.