Chapter 17

Naina called Sarojini to know about Arjun's condition.

"Hello, How is Arjun, Maaji?" Naina asked through her phone.

"He's so much better. All thanks to Ishaan." Naina could feel Sarojini's happiness through her tone.

"What? What are you talking about?" Naina was confused.

"Ishaan transferred Arjun to the best hospital in Mumbai. He is in better hands now. Tell him we are so grateful. " Sarojini excitedly said.

" Oh yes." Naina couldn't believe what she heard.

  That cold hearted beast did something good? Wow, the sun will rise at west tomorrow.

"Take good care of Ishaan, Naina. He have the heart of gold. I have to go now. I'll talk you later." Sarojini said goodbye and hung up.

Heart of gold? Seriously? He just choked me yesterday. Now, he is doing something good. He is such a bipolar.

Naina shook her head in disbelief.

*********************************

Naina prepared Ishaan's favorite food  in a way to thank him for his favor.

She took a cab to reach Ishaan's office. She had his lunch in a lunch box with her.

She took the elevator to reach his office. The floor was filled with people in suits running around holding files, few telephones were ringing in the distance.

She stood outside his glass office as she slowly knocked on its door.

There was no response.

She tried to pull the door but realized it was open so she stepped into it. It was dark. 

"Hmm.. seems like kados (arrogant) isn't here today. He would probably be yelling at someone." Naina talked to herself in her husband's dark office.

"Naina, don't sit on my bed. Don't make a sound. Don't do that. Don't do this. Don't even breathe." She spoke in his voice making fun of her husband. She laughed at her own action.

"I would never ask you not to breathe." 

Naina recognized that voice. She could recognize that voice even in the middle of her sleep. 

She felt a hand on her waist in the dark. She smelled that familiar cologne on side of her neck. Her breathing pace elevated like usual.

"If I told you not to breathe, how will I enjoy this ." Ishaan looked at her fast moving chest.

"Tell me wifey, why are you here?" Ishaan pulled her close to him.

"I came here to...give you..this." Naina showed him the lunch box.

"Why do you always make me angry Naina? Why would you think I would take this stupid lunch box from you. You're embarrassing me already by coming into my office wearing this old clothes." Ishaan pushed her away.

"Now get out." Ishaan shouted.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Yesterday you were choking me, then you helped Arjun transfer into a better hospital. Today you pull me closer and do all this sweet talk, just to push me away afterwards What are you trying to do?" Naina yelled back. She couldn't hold herself back anymore. She was done with his bipolar behavior.

"I said get out of my office before I drag you outside myself." Ishaan sat on his chair saying this.

"I came here to thank you for your generosity. But seems like you don't deserve it. I'm taking this lunch with me and I'll eat this delicious food by myself. You're nothing but a kados." Naina turned her heels and walked away.

Ishaan was already smiling at her childish behavior as she walked away. 

Ishaan knew he was slowly falling for the girl he hated most.

Aarav came into Ishaan's office to watch his best friend smiling.

"Is that a smile I'm seeing on my best friend's face?" 

Ishaan swiftly put on his cold and arrogant facade again.

"Okay, okay. My bad." Aarav raised his arms in defeat.

"So how's the married life with that orphan of yours?" Aarav asked.

Ishaan continued his silence.

"Did you already dumped her?" Aarav raised his eyebrow.

"No." Ishaan grunted.

"Then tell me what happened." Aarav leaned back to his chair.

"She was here moments ago. You jusr missed her.
I don't know man, she makes me so angry and...." Ishaan couldn't find those words he was searching.

"Aaaand? Horny?" Aarav laughed.

"No. It's like everytime I'm with her my mind just goes crazy. I can't think straight and my mind feels like it's on a crazy rollercoaster."

"Okay. I don't know what that means but okay." Aarav smiled in confusion.

"Also how unlucky am I? I just missed the girl that made Ishaan Raizada crazy. Do you have any picture of her? " Aarav asked.

"No. I don't. Watching her everyday in my house is a torture itself. " Ishaan said.