her.

"Ishaan wake up."

I opened my eyes to see Shivaay looming over me. I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision.

My room was a mess, there were so many empty liquor bottles and cigarette packets were lying around on the floor.

It was not only my room that looked messy, it was me too.

The hangover from yesterday was giving me a terrible headache. But luckily, Shivaay gave me some pills to get some relief.

"I can't keep seeing you like this, Ishaan. Dr. Salaman called me and told me what happened yesterday. You can't just keep lashing out at people like that." Shivaay placed his hand on my shoulder to give me some comfort.

But I buried my face in my palms. The morning light was burning my eyes. I preferred the darkness.

"Now, Get up. We are going to get breakfast." Shivaay took hold of my shoulder and forced me to stand up.

My legs were still shaking. "I don't want breakfast." I said.

"Dammit Ishaan, You are acting like a kid now. Stop with this stubbornness. It's been 2 months now. Naina left because it was her choice, that doesn't mean you should destroy your life like this." Shivaay yelled at me.

"But what about her life that I destroyed?" Tears were waiting at the edge of my eyes to fall.

Shivaay didn't say anything to that. Because he knew there's no words in the world that could make me feel better. All the blame was on me.

Instead of replying Shivaay pulled me into a hug as I sobbed into my brother.

*************************

After several hours of persuasion, I agreed to go out to get breakfast.

Shivaay and Anika were treating me like someone who would blow up any minute. They choose their words carefully around me. As we were driving to the Fifty Five East restaurant, my eyes caught the sight of a small restaurant next to a beverage shop, on the side of Arthur Road. I told Shivaay to stop the the car. I got out and went straight to the shop and bought a couple of bottles. Shivaay quickly parked the car and dragged me out of the shop.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shivaay yelled at me publicly.

"I'm getting breakfast like you wanted. I just stopped by the near by shop to get this." I pointed to the small restaurant next to it.

Shivaay sighed and dragged me into the restaurant. Anika followed us.

The restaurant was already filled but Shivaay found us a corner table. The restaurant looked dirty and poor. But I didn't mind it, I was gulping down my bottle. Shivaay and Anika were totally uncomfortable.

After drinking the first bottle, I leaned back to my seat scanning the whole restaurant.

That's when I caught sight of her. My eyes grew wider. Suddenly everything stopped around me.

All the noises from the street, all the people chattering, everything stood silent. There was only her.

She was in a yellow dirty waitress uniform and had a tiny notepad in her hand, to take orders. She looked weak, her cheeks looked hollow, there were bags under her eyes just like mine, the beautiful smile she always wore was missing now. When the wind blew her hair, I saw that she still wore a sindoor on her forehead.

After she took the order from the table in front of ours, Naina walked to our table, her eyes on the notepad.

"Can I take your....." Naina's voice trailed off when her eyes met mine.

I watched as her underlips shiver, and she closed her eyes.

"Naina." I stoop up taking her hand in mine. I wanted to tell her that I'm sorry and she didn't deserve all that. But Naina swiftly pushed my hand away.

Naina turned and pushed past people to step out of the restaurant. I followed her and grabbed her by her hand.

 I followed her and grabbed her by her hand

"What do you want?" Naina pushed me again.

"Please, I just..." . I couldn't find the words. For the last 2 months, I was only thinking about this moment, but when it finally happened I forgot what I was supposed to say.

Naina stared at me with her tearful eyes. Her eyes were hauntingly beautiful and I wanted to take her face in mine and wipe that tears away. But I fisted my hand to control myself.

"I just want to talk to you." I finally said.

"Well, I don't want to hear anything." Naina shouted.

"Naina beta." I turned to see Shivaay and Anika catching upto us.

"Honey, where were you?" Anika pulled Naina to hug. Naina didn't reciprocate it.

"Naina, please give Ishaan a chance to explain himself. A final chance." Shivaay pleaded to her.

"I don't need any explanation." Naina shouted at me. Her cheeks were burning red in anger.

"Naina, listen to me. Look at yourself, look at Ishaan. See how much miserable you both look. Just please, for the sake of us. Just talk to him." Shivaay placed his hand on her shoulder, just the way he used to do to me. The same love and concern in his eyes.

Naina looked at my long grown beard and hair and my poor choice of clothing.

Naina closed her eyes and sighed. "Okay." She nodded.

Suddenly everything around me lit up. Since Naina left, I only saw the world in grey. But when she agreed to talk to me, suddenly I saw the world in colours again.

"My apartment is near here. We can talk there." Naina said and walked into a narrow street. We all followed her.