pain.

**ISHAAN POV**

After our passionate making out, we climb back into the car.

 I gently blow out a deep breath. My heart rate is up through the roof.

I turn my face to look at her. She's touching her swollen lips, breathing heavily.

I never thought I would lose control of myself like this. But today Naina was just phenomenal at her presentation, then all that flirting really messed up my mind. I kissed her...I kissed her hard.

I have been holding in that kiss for 4 months now. I just had to do it.

I start the car and drove it to our home.

At first we don't talk. She is staring out the window, not doing anything except sitting, but I'm completely and fully
aware of her. The way one hand rests on the seat, the other on the window.
The way every now and then the streetlights catch the gold flecks in her
dark hair.

I try my best to look myself at ease.

I almost jumped from my seaseat when my phone rings in the car.

I took the call and a roaring "hello" comes out from the car speaker.

"Ishaan, where the fuck are you? I told you to meet with the  Wintsons today. Did you meet them? "

It was my loving yet caring father. He calls his son occasionally to shout profanities at him instead of asking how is his son was.

"I had some another important matters. " I said. I missed the meeting with the Winston's because Naina's presentation was far more important than them to me.

"What important fucking matters do you have? Huh? " He shouts through the speaker and our whole car is trembling.

"I don't need to tell you what I do. " I said calmly. All that Dr. Salman therapy was helping me.

Naina was staring at me with scared eyes. But my father's shouting was not the first time for me.

"Were you with that whore of your wife? " He yells again and something snaps in me. All that therapy suddenly goes out of the window.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. " I yelled back at him with all the voice I have. I think the whole car shook for a second.

I immediately hung up the phone. I didn't want to talk to a person who didn't respect my wife.

I turned to see Naina wiping a tear away from her eyes.

"I'm sorry. " I apologize to her on behalf of my father.

"Why are you sorry for? " She turns her head and stare at me.

"I'm sorry because my father is such an asshole. "

"At least you have a father and I don't. " As the tears fell out of her eyes, I wanted to lean in and wipe it off, instead I gripped the steer wheeling until my knuckles turned white.

"You and I are so different, Ishaan. We don't work. I don't fit in with your family. I don't fit in your world. And that's one of the reason you hated me first. Remember? " Her voice is trembling.

"Naina, you don't understand. I don't want you to fit in my world, because my world is disgusting. It's full of greed and narcissism. And I adore you so much because you are selfless. You are kind, smart and incredibly beautiful. And I'm pretty sure that you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life. You give up your dreams for a helpless kid. You take care of people even when they hurt you. And you also let the person who hurted you the most........to kiss you in an empty street. " I said all that in one breath. Because that's what I felt about her and I wanted her to know that.

"Ishaan, please. I can't do this. This conversation, this staring, this smiling, this hugging, this kissing... I can't do this. Because every time you come near me it's like I'm seeing you for the first time and I forget everything that happened. But whenever you aren't there, I'm reminded about the pain and the heartbreak that I felt for you. And that's not healthy. This... Us is not healthy. We are not meant for each other. We will never work and the universe has shown us that so many times."

Her words stabbed to my heart like a million knives.

"What do you mean we won't work?  We will make this work. I don't care what  the universe tells us. I only care about us.... Us only. Please Naina. " I was literally begging at her.

"Please Ishaan, stop it. There was a time when I trusted these words of yours, but now I don't. And I've made up my decision. I'm going to stay at the orphanage from tomorrow. I'll go to the college from there. We can meet after 2 months for the court. " Naina said not meeting my eyes. "If I stay any longer with you, I may end up falling with you all over again and my heart can't go through it again. " The tears are streaming down on her cheek to her neck.

With all the arguing, we didn't realise we reached home already

Naina stepped out of the car and went straight to our room to pack her things up. I watched as she packed all of her clothes and books.

"Why are you doing this, Naina? " I asked her by grabbing her hand, while she stepped out of the house.

"I'm doing this for both of us."  Naina said and left me alone in that mansion with a shattered heart.

Naina was all the way inside my heart and she was able to shatter it with just a few words.

I loved and I loved and I lost you.

Author's note : To a relationship to be successful, it have to go through many hurdles. And this chapter was one of the hurdles Ishaan and Naina have to over come.

Let's all hope they can find a way to each other again.

Also guys, I'm trying my best to update. It's like 1 am now while I'm writing this. So I hope you all will keep reading❤