Chapter 16

Today is Arjun's surgery day. After everyone left for the office, Naina went to the hospital to meet Sarojini and Arjun there.

Arjun was getting prepared for the surgery. 

'Naina beta, do you have any idea to get the rest of the money?' Sarojini asked.

'I was thinking of getting some loan.' Naina said.

"I tried that, we have so many loans pending . The banks says they can't further give us any more loan". 

Naina sighed.  She could ask Shivaay for the money but the words of Ishaan calling her a 'gold digging whore' was still ringing inside her mind. She could no longer ask money from them.

Arjun was brought to the room after surgery, he was still unconscious. 

Naina patted gently on Arjun's head. 

Naina loved her kids at orphanage with all her heart. No one was there for Naina, but she can be there for kids like her.

"Miss Naina, the remaining payment have to be done within 8 pm today." The nurse informed.

Sarojini looked at Naina helplessly. 

"Its alright, I'll get the money, Maaji." Naina consoled Sarojini.

Naina left the hospital having no idea how to get the money. She don't have any friends to ask money from nor any relatives.

She could ask Anika though. Anika was like a sister to her. Anika had her own hard earned money, the guilt of asking money from the Raizada's can be avoided.

Naina called an autorickshaw and went to Anika's office. Anika was in a meeting so she waited for her outside.

Naina was called into Anika's office. When she entered into the office, Anika was on phone with someone.

"Hold one moment, Naina is here." Anika said to the caller and put the phone on the table.

"What happened, Naina? Is everything okay?" Anika asked Naina seeing her all anxious.

"No, everything's fine. I came here to ask you something." Naina said nervously.

"What is it?" 

"I need some money. It's kind of an emergency. " 

"Yes of course. How much do you need honey?" Anika asked taking her chequebook.

"Umm.. around a 20k." 

Anika wrote 20 thousand on the cheque and signed it.

"Also Anika bhabi, please don't tell Ishaan about this. He will be angry if I asked money from you instead of him." Naina lied while knitting her fingers together.

"Yes. I won't tell him. You don't need to worry." Anika smiled.

"Thank you babhi, I'll repay this somehow. Thank you so much." Naina took the cheque happily.

Finally her Arjun's going to have a healthy life.

Naina left the office and went to the hospital to pay the balance. She was finally feeling peace and happy.

Unfortunately, that happiness will last only few hours. The caller on the Anika's phone was none other than Ishaan. He heard everything and he was infuriated at his wife for taking money and lying to him.

****************************

Naina came back to Raizada Mansion before everyone. She made the dinner and waited for everyone.  

After having the dinner, Naina came to her bedroom to change into her night gown. 

As she was changing her top, a strong hand grabbed her by the throat. He was choking her.

"Tell me what did you do today?" Ishaan moved closer to Naina. She was fighting for her breath.

"I... didn't.... do .....anything." Naina was trembling with fear.

"Why did you take money from Anika?' He yelled.

"It was ....it was not..for me. Please ...I...I can't breath." Tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"Then who was it? Tell me." He loosened his grip.

"It was for Arjun." Finally getting air to breathe, she coughed.

"Who is Arjun?" Ishaan pinned her to the wall. His eyes were burning with fury.

"He is a kid from Snehabhavan. Today was his surgery. I needed some money." Naina was breathing heavily while crying.

Ishaan released her. That's when he noticed she was wearing a lacy white bra and leggings. Her skin felt warm under his touch. She looked somewhat beautiful to him at that moment. Her teary eyes, rosy lips and hollow cheeks looked so intoxicated to him. He didn't understand wh he was feeling that way.

Naina swiftly grabbed her night gown and wore it through her head as she felt his eyes on her.

"You should have asked me for the money." Ishaan said.

Naina closed her eyes. She was done  trying to figure him out. He didn't even give her a chance to explain. He was already choking her. She felt like she was dying.

"Are you mad? You were the one who called me a gold digging whore?  You were the one hates me for no reason. You act all sweet to me one moment and the next you will torture me. Tell me Ishaan, why do you hate me? What did I do to you?" Naina snapped.

"You raise a voice at me and I'll pin you to that wall. You won't like what I will do next." Ishaan moved closer to her. He knew she was getting anxious by the way she breathed. She was trying to avoid his eyes.

"No. I want answers. Why do you hate me? You could have rejected me when the marriage proposal came. Why did you marry me if you hated the way I'm, how i looked?" She took the courage and moved forward to him grabbing his shirt collar. She was not backing down.

Ishaan looked at her grabbing his shirt. He smirked and pushed her to the wall again pinning her both hands to both of her side.

"I said to shut up." He moved his lips closer to her. 

Ishaan was completely oblivious to what was happening to him. He felt a burning desire in his stomach. He wanted her to shut up, but he didn't like how he wanted to do it. 

 Ishaan was disgusted by her at the same time he wanted to touch her skin and feel her warmth. It was messing with his mind the moment he saw her.

Ishaan placed his lips on the nape of her neck. She was warm. Her lavender fragrance made him lose himself in her. 

Naina was completely taken aback by Ishaan. Her breathing felt so heavy to her. Everytime she took a breath, her chest touched his. 

Ishaan moved his lips to her jaw.

They both jumped to reality when someone knocked on their bedroom. Ishaan pulled himself away from her and went to the door without giving Naina a glance.

What the hell just happened?  Why did she liked his touch when he made her life miserable? Why did she crave for his touch? 

Naina was shocked at her own behaviour.

The maid was at door. She gave Ishaan the water jug and went away.

The warmth of her neck and her fragrance was still lingering on him.

Ishaan turned around to see Naina already lying on the floor, sleeping on the sheet.

Ishaan stared at the way her chest moved while she breathed. 

Why was I craving for her?

Naina and Ishaan fell asleep thinking about the same thing, why were they craving for each other ? when they both were polar opposite. If he was fire, she was rain.