The Story of My Life (Author's story)

This chapter is about how I wrote this story of Ishaan and Naina. You guys don't need to read it, if you don't want to. This is a story of my life.

My dear readers,

I wrote Fire & Rain, just after my first breakup.  I was in a relationship with my ex for the last 1.5 years. 

I was the naïve first year girl at my college. I come from a really small village so when I got an opportunity to study at one of the best college in my state, I got so excited. 

I came to the college on my first day wearing my new pretty yellow sundress. I was so happy and excited to meet all my friends.

After some introduction, our teacher showed us our new classroom. As I was walking to the classroom with my new found friends, I felt some eyes on me. I turned to see some seniors sitting at one of the bench on our college ground. One of the guy sitting there caught my attention but I was so into my talking, I didn't give it any much attention.

My house was so far away from my college, so I had to leave my home early. Also I don't like it when I'm late to the class so I make sure I was one of the students that come really early to the college. By the time I reach there, even our classroom haven't been open.  So I will sit in one of the benches there.

On a cold December morning, I saw him again. He was coming after his sports practice. He wore dark coloured Athleisure. He looked sweaty and tired from all the practice but I swear to God, he was one of the most beautiful guy I've ever seen. He literally took the breath out of me. 

His dark curls, long lashes and rosy lips made my heart beat a lot faster than I expected. My eyes followed him as he walked past me. He was talking with his friends, laughing and all. A dark blue bag was strapped on to his back and a water bottle in his other hand. As he walked through that December morning mist, I realized this is what they all call 'Love at First Sight'.

After my first sight of Love, I enquired about him to all my friends. I asked them 'If they know a beautiful angel looking man' and they all told me who he was. He was one of the best athletic person in our college, He was a national player and he had some big sponsorship from a athleisure brand and also he was a final year student.

Then realization hit me, he was way out of my league. From what I have heard, he was single but so many girls in our college (including me) had crush on him. So I decided it was pointless to keep on crushing on him.

But me being a hopeless romantic, I still came early everyday to watch him leave after his practice. 3 months pass by and he never even bat an eye on me. I remember running from the college bus stop because I was so afraid that I'll miss him walking by me. I wore pretty cute dresses everyday to get his attention but none of it was working.

Every love songs were about him. I laid awake at my night scrolling through his Instagram. He had like thousands of followers and I read every comments under his posts. I stalked the girls he replied to. Yes I was crazy in love. Sue me.

On an early March morning, he walked past me and turned his eye to me for a second. Suddenly the world stopped around me. I swear to God, everything around me was happening in slow motion. The kids walking past us, the leaves falling, the wind blowing my hair....everything felt just like in a movie. I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my heart...seriously it felt like that.

He gave me a one second look and continued to talk to his friends. But that one second was like an hour to me. I felt butterflies flying inside my stomach and under my ribs. It was my first feeling of Love that I only read in books.

I came to the class in a trance. All my friends asked me if I was okay. (I know, it all feels like exaggeration but this is what I felt...The crazy in love feeling ). I told my friends what happened and they told me to stop this eyeing and just text him on IG.