Chapter 23

Naina POV (Ishaan and Naina sitting in the car )

"Why didn't you tell me all this before?" Ishaan was so worried.

"The same reason why I didn't tell you about the incident I had when I was 5 years old." 

My tears were dry on my cheeks and it felt sticky.

I had run out of tears.

Ishaan eyes were on me the whole time. But refused to meet his.

"I....didn't ...want you think I was damaged goods." A small sob escaped out of my throat.

"I would never ever....EVER think that. EVER." Ishaan took my hand in his hand. He placed a finger under my chin and turned my face to meet his.

"We all wear certain scars in our life. And your scar reminds you that you did indeed survived the deepest wounds. They will remind you that the damage life has inflicted on you has, in many places, left you stronger." Ishaan said while softly squeezing my hand.

I took my hand from his and placed it slowly on his cheeks.

I suddenly realized that no has ever told anything like that to me ever. Whenever I tried to share my deepest secrets with anyone, they only showed only pity and sympathy. And it always made me feel like I was a weaker person. But Ishaan, he just told me how strong I was to survive all that.

I never knew I wanted to hear that until now. 

I felt my heart melting when I looked him in his eyes. His dark brown eyes showed me more love than anyone in my life. Even though, we had a rough start, I feel like I'm falling for him. 

I always thought about myself in this marriage and never thought of how would Ishaan feel about getting married to a complete stranger .If I had realized that, we could had this happiness, so much early.

Ishaan placed his hand over mine and gave it a little squeeze.

"Did you made that up? About that scars in life quotes?" I chuckled.

"Umm...No, I read that somewhere." Ishaan laughed and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I bit my lips thinking how lucky I was.

The anxiety and fear I felt moments ago vanished away in his sound of laugh.

"Don't do that." Ishaan traced his finger along my underlip.

Suddenly the air between us changed. The air felt heavy and sweet at the same time.

I put my hands on either side of his face and he closed his eyes with me.

The space around us explodes. He puts his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

My hearts keep missing beats and I taste him and realized how much I was starving for him.

I can't feel my fingers or cold or the sound of the woods, because all I feel is him. 

His hair falling onto his cheeks were tickling mine.

His soft lips on mine. His lips were softer than anything like I've ever known, like biting onto a cotton candy. It's sweet its so effortlessly sweet.

Our first kiss was rough andwas like fireworks. 

But this one felt like a dream, where it was only me and Ishaan, melting into each other's touch.

I slowly pulled myself from him when I realized there was no air left in my lungs. I placed my forehead on his. We both were grasping for air.

"Can we stay here for awhile?" Ishaan whispered.

"Yes... I want that." I nodded, closing my eyes smelling his cologne.

I didn't want this moment to end. I wanted to stay here like this forever.

"Stay here, Let me show you something." Ishaan smiled and gave a peck on my nose.

My cheeks were burning red.

Ishaan pushed a button on side of his steering wheel suddenly the roof of our car slid down and there was the dark sky gleaming with thousands of stars, instead.

I gasped, it was beautiful.

Suddenly a song played on the car speaker. I turned to Ishaan to see him smiling at me.

'Train wreck' by James Arthur was playing.

Ishaan pushed another button and both of our seat bend all the way down.

He laid next to me. 

Unbreak the broken

Unsay these spoken words

Find hope in the hopeless

Pull me out of the train wreck

The song lyrics were touching my heart and I realized I was finally having a hope.

We both laid there, knitting our hands together staring at the same moon, listening to the same song.