Chapter 13

Naina forced herself to believe what just happened was a bad dream. But the roses and candles on the floor were evident enough for her to see the truth. 

Everything hurted. Her heart, her mind, her arm, her jaw, her shoulder , her eyes. But Naina have overcome terrible things than this. She had painful memories since she can remember, it was fine to add another one to it. 

But the only question that was remaining was "What did she do? Why is she suffering?'

*********************************

Naina cried herself to sleep last night. She woke up as cold water poured on her head.  She opened her eyes to see Ishaan holding a water jug on her head.

"What did I tell you about cleaning this mess?" Ishaan voice brought the memories of last night. 

"I'm...sorry." Naina was so tired from all the crying. She stood up holding on to the bed stand. Her saree was torned around its edges and there was also a cut on her jaw. 

She frantically searched for her chain but she couldn't find it anywhere. 

"Have you seen my ....my chain?" She didn't know she was crying until a sob came out of her.

"Yes, I threw it away last night. Now come on now, Clean all this." Ishaan yelled.

She wanted to tell him about her emotional attachment to it. But she couldn't. He was really clear about his feelings towards her yesterday. She knew he don't give a shit to her feelings now. So she came into terms with losing her mother's last piece.

Ishaan was already out of the room  when she started to clean the floor by picking up all the things he broke last night, including herself.

*****************************

Sojal, Anika and Shivaay stayed at their guest house last night to give Ishaan and Naina some privacy and they were back in the morning. Naina had already made breakfast for them. 

She didn't let herself rest for one moment. She knew that if she give herself some time to think about last night she will break down. She kept herself busy doing all the chores. 

Sojal, Shivaay and Ishaan was already on the dining table when Anika and Naina brought the orange juice. Anika sat beside Shivaay but Naina was hesitant to sit beside Ishaan. 

Suddenly Ishaan grabbed her hand and forced her to sit next to him. 

"Why are you so shy Naina, I'm your husband you can sit beside me." Ishaan elbowed Naina.

Naina returned an awkward smile. Ishaan was acting in front of everyone to make them believe that they were having a happy married life.

"I hope you two lovebirds had great time last night." Anika winked at me.

'You gold digging whore' Thats what Ishaan called her yesterday. That name was ringing in her head.

Naina gave them a pleasing smile.

When Ishaan and everyone left the house for work, Naina went to their bed and muffled her cry using the pillow.

What did I do to deserve this? First my parents gave me up now my husband too. Am I that much disgusting?  Why do everyone hates me?

Ishaan called me a gold digger, when I never wanted the money in the first place. I just wanted to help my kids. I sacrificed my life for them. 

Oh my God, Today's the day Arjun have to meet the doctors.

She grabbed her phone and called Sarojini to tell her to take Arjun to the hospital. She told Sarojini about the new kidney. They were all excited.

As Naina was coming down to go to the hospital, Sojal stopped her.

"No you can't go now, i dont care if its an emergency. You're not going. I gave the maids an off day. So today you have to take care of the lunch and dinner. Now go to the kitchen."

"Please Auntie, This is so important I need to go. I will be back in 2 hours, after that I'll take care of the chores." Naina begged.

"No, I dont want to hear anything. I said go to the kitchen." Sojal pointed her finger to the Kitchen.

Naina went to the kitchen helpless. But she couldn't risk Arjun's life. So Naina took off through the back door of Raizada mansion

****************

"Arjun is in perfect condition for the surgery. We can do it when you're ready." The doctor said to both Sarojini and Naina.

"Yes, we are ready. But there's a slight problem with the money. We have only 70k with us." Naina said.

There was only 20k with Naina. But Sarojini sold her gold and got a 50k. But it wasn't enough for the surgery.

"It's okay. The remaining payment should be done after the surgery. We are already charging you less due to your condition but we cannot further give you any exceptions." The doctor informed.

"Thank you, doctor." Both Naina and Sarojini thanked the doctor.

Naina made it back to the Raizada Mansion in an hour. But Sojal was waiting for her in the living room. Sojal didn't give Naina a chance to explain herself, she slapped Naina on the face hard as she could.

"If you fool me once more girl, I'll take your head. Now go and do your chores." Sojal was infuriated. 

Naina went to the kitchen keeping her head down. After all, this was their house, Naina was just a slave here.

*****************************

Sojal punished Naina with, not giving her food today. She told her to say she already ate if anyone asked. 

So Naina stayed at her room avoiding everyone. 

Ishaan came home late drowned in alcohol as yesterday. Naina was already lying on the bed. She was tired from not eating anything since breakfast.

"Who the fuck told you to stay on my bed? get the fuck out." Ishaan was intoxicated with alcohol.

If she did what he said, Naina knew it was the best for both her and her kids at the orphanage. So she obeyed him like a little child.

As she was walking away, Ishaan grabbed her hand and turned her face to the side.

"Who did this to you?" Ishaan asked while staring at the red hand print on her pale skin.

"Its nothing.' She pushed Ishaan hand away. But he grabbed her with more strength.

"I don't like it when someone plays with my things. You're only mine. I'm the only one who can hurt you. You heard me? You're only mine....only mine." Ishaan traced his finger on her cheek.

Even though she hate him with all her heart, his touch still made her heart race.

Ishaan released her from his grip. 

Naina took some new sheet from the cupboard and laid on the floor. She slept on it without making any noise of her crying.