dancing in the dark.

**NAINA POV**

I sat on my bed, burying my face in my palm. I can hear the water dripping down through cracked roof of orphanage. I've been staying there for the past 2 weeks.

I'm feeling dead inside all the time. Every breath I take, I'm hoping for it to be my last one. The pain is too much. I miss him....so much. I know I shouldn't be missing him, because he treated me shitty. But sometimes you love the things that hurts us most. 

 The stay here's been so brutal. Maaji had like 1000 questions for me. Why was I here? Where is Ishaan? What happened?.

I answered everything with lies. Because if I said the truth, she's going to get crushed. I said that I missed the kids, so I asked Ishaan to let me stay here for a while.

Today was my farewell party at the college.

I stared at the beautiful gown that has been laid out on the bed next me. I borrowed it from Niya. She asked me why a billionaire's wife had to borrow a gown from her and I had to say that I gained some weight and none of my dresses don't fit me anymore. I know it was a cheap excuse but I don't care. That's what I came up with and I said it. Niya had her suspicion with Me and Ishaan's marriage. But everytime she brings up something, I change the subject.

I took the ombre gown in my hand and put it on.

It had a deep V cut which revealed a little of my chest. But who cares.

Our theme of the party was Royal ball. There was a musical band and we are supposed to dance like we were in a ball. I will probably be in some corner and waiting for it to be end.

I let my hair loose. I had no energy to style it. Also I had no equipment for it.

I reached the Hall to see everyone was already there. I stepped into the crowd. The girls were wearing all these incredible dresses and boys were in armani suits, everyone looked so beautiful. Our principal was giving his speech, bidding goodbye to us.

"In the end, I would like to say that I am fortunate enough to be able to say goodbye to you all. We will miss you. Wish you all the luck for your bright future and beautiful life. And before ending my speech, I have to specially Thank our sponsor Mr. Ishaan Raizada for throwing this amazing farewell party for our students. Thank you!" Principal announced.

Ishaan???? Oh my god.... Ishaan is here? 

I stretched my neck to see through the crowd. But I couldn't find anyone.

I exhaled in peace. I know I couldn't be able to see him. Our last goodbye was too painful. If I see him again today, I'll probably don't let him go which then will end up in a disaster, like always.
Everytime we get closer, we step 10 steps backwards after. That's the universe telling us that we are not meant for each other.

I found Niya in the crowd, as I was making my way through the crowd to her, the light goes all black.

And the stage lit up with bunch of musicians. That was the band. The guitarist started to strum and everyone in the crowd started to sway to the music.

I looked around to see everyone in couple, dancing together to 'Ishq wala love'.

I saw Niya holding onto Naveen from BBA, dancing to the music. So I turned around to sit in one of the chairs found in the back.
 As I was walking to the back, a strong grabbed my arm turned me around in a swift. I instantly knew who was it.

Ishaan was dressed in his fine grey suit with his unruly dark hair falling onto his brown black eyes with gold speckles.  I intake a sharp breath. He have that kind of effect on me.