therapist

ISHAAN POV

2 months later.

Yes. I'm sitting in the therapist room. Dr. Salman is writing something in his notepad. I've been seeing him for the past 1 week.

I turned to my side to look at my reflection in the mirror placed on the wall.

I can't recognize the person I'm seeing. This Ishaan have long beard and hair, and is wearing sweatpants and a old t-shirt. There was bags under my eyes, indicating my sleepless night. I looked 10 times more older than I was.

It's been 2 months since Naina left me. I tried to search for her everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found. I called everyone I know, to get some help. But everything was in vain.

I inhaled the cold air inside the therapy room and glanced at Dr.Salman. He was carefully watching me through his glasses.

"Tell me, Ishaan. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Really shitty." I replied.

"How many bottles did you drank last day?"

"Six." I said to him while staring at his pet dog. I didn't want to meet the doctor's eyes.

"Does all this drinking help with the pain?"

".....No. So I smashed the windows too." I scratched my head.

"Ishaan, this is not a healthy behavior. You should start moving on". The doctor told me and started to tap his pen on his notepad. The clicking sound was triggering my mind, I closed my eyes to distract from the sound, but instead her smiling face appeared in my mind.

Her eyes, the way her lips curl, her small delicate fingers touching my cheeks...........

I thought about the fact that how I destroyed all the best part of my life and the anger resulted from that was too much for me. So I lashed out.

"Well, this is not fucking help me. This stupid fucking therapy............I said yes to this thing, because I thought this will help me forget her. But every time I close my eyes, I see her. I hear her voice every night in myself......I don't want to move on. I want her. I only want....her." My tears started to roll down my eyes.

I never cried for anyone, not even when my parents told me that I was such an disappointment to them. But for her, I cried myself to sleep every day. I cried when I thought about her. The pain of missing her was too much to handle.

All I wanted was to find her and fall on her feet and ask for forgiveness.

I stormed out of the therapist room. I walked out to the streets of Mumbai, hoping to find a familiar face.

I walked for hours, I passed my building where I worked. I haven't been there for the last 2 months. Shivaay was taking care of all my business.

When Naina left me, I went straight for him. Aarav. I found him in his house waiting for me. Before I hit him, I asked him why he did all that. He told me about how much he was jealous of me since school. He wanted what I had, he wanted to be the youngest most richest guy, but all he known for was 'The best friend of Ishaan Raizada' in the newspapers. So he wanted to destroy me, He was the one who played behind the 'Grey steel Company' too. So I let all of my anger focusing on my fist and I kept on hitting him till he was breathless. But none of it filled the hole in my heart.

And its been 2 months and the hole was still there.

I reached my house. Even though Shivaay and Anika blamed me for what happened, they still cared about me. They were the one who forced me to go the therapist. But it was fucking useless.

I took my liquor bottle and gulped it down. It burned my throat, but the pain was helping me.

I closed my eyes and dreamt of her.

Suddenly the air around me smelled like her, I heard her breath in my ears and she was there with me....in my dreams.

My tears escaped through my closed eyes reminding me that it it was still just a dream and she is no longer with me.