Chapter 21

It was Ishaan's friend's wedding day.

Naina wanted to look pretty for today. This was her first day out with Ishaan and they were going out as a couple.

Naina borrowed a peach colour saree from Anika. She thought peach colour won't wash out her pale skin that much.

Naina was looking at the mirror combing hair, when she noticed that Ishaan was standing beside her.

They stared at each other through the mirror.

Naina was looking beautiful and Ishaan was always as ravishing in his jet black suit.

Naina noticed something in his hand. So she tried to peek at it.

"I bought this for you." Ishaan streched his hand towards Naina.

Naina turned to see a long dark blue velvet box. She took it from his hand, wondering what was in it.

She opened to see a beautiful yet expensive diamond necklace. The kind of necklace she have seen on magazines and movies.

 The kind of necklace she have seen on magazines and movies

"Put it on." Ishaan said.

"If you bought it for me, then put it for me." Naina smiled.

Ishaan smirked at her and took that necklace from her hand.

He came closer to her, touching her back to his chest.
Her breath elevated.
Naina couldn't look at his eyes anymore. So she kept her head down.

Ishaan placed a finger under her chin and made her look into the mirror.
He stared at her parts where the saree fitted her perfectly.
Her lips were slightly parted, which made him wanted to part her lips more with his.

Ishaan slowly put his hand on her shoulder. The hickeys he gave her were already fading and he wanted to give her new ones.

Her lavender fragrance, made his mind go crazy and Naina was biting her lips anxiously.

"Don't do that." Ishaan whispered into her ears which made her hair stood up.

"Your lips are only mine to bite." His seductive voice made her legs shake.

Ishaan opened the lock of the necklace and slide it up from her breast to neck.
The necklace stood perfectly well with the mangalsutr.

Suddenly the memories of Ishaan breaking apart her mother's chain on their first night, flashed in Naina's mind. Tears started to well up in her.

Even though, he was sweet to her now. She can't forget what he did to her. Her heart was broken so bad when Ishaan broke apart that chain.  She could never forgive him for that.

Naina pushed his hands away from her shoulders.

Ishaan was surprisingly taken aback from her rejection.

Ishaan was never experienced rejection before, so he swiftly pulled himself from Naina and slammed the door on his way out.

And left Naina crying alone on their special day.

**************

The car ride to the wedding venue was pretty awkward. They both weren't that good with words so they ignored what happened between them and filled it with silence.

Ishaan and Naina reached the wedding venue after 30 mins of travelling, but felt like it was a 18 hour ride because of the silence.

People were already there chattering, eating and gossiping about each other.

Naina and Ishaan found a place at the back and sat there perfectly in silence.

Naina looked at Ishaan, he was  on the phone talking to someone.

That's when Naina caught the eyes of the person standing near to the wedding alter.

Flashes of that night reappeared in Naina's mind.

That night which she tired to forget for the last one year. The night where she was sexually assaulted.

That rainy night with thunder. His hungry eyes savouring her weakness. His one hand grabbing onto her hair and other hand slapping her face left and right.

Also those repressed memories came back to her in a wave of crash. Suddenly Naina was grasping for air. Her lungs felt like it would collapse any minute.

Her abuser was standing few feets away from her now.

Her hands started to shiver in fear. She somehow grabbed onto Ishaan's sleeve and made him notice her state.

"Oh my god, Naina. Are you okay?" Ishaan stood up in a shock.

Naina's eyes were flowing with tears, she was trying her best to talk but the words didn't found her.

The image of Naina grasping for air made Ishaan terrified.

"I..I need to g...go..from...here." Naina grabbed onto his shirt in helpless.

Ishaan quickly helped Naina to step out of the place and took her into their car.

"What happened, Naina?" Ishaan tried to calm her down.

Naina suddenly pulled Ishaan into hers arms and started to cry.
She was sobbing into his Armani shirt.

Ishaan pulled her closer to his chest and softly touched her hair to calm her down.

After few minutes, Naina's breathing came back to it's normal pace.

"What happened, Naina?" Ishaan softly asked her.

Naina pulled out of his arms and shifted her gaze from his. She wiped her tears away.

"Can we please get out of here?" Naina stared into somewhere far away, avoiding Ishaan's eyes.

"Yes,of course." Without insisting her for further Ishaan drove out of the wedding.

Ishaan drove her to a secluded place, where there were only trees, no house was seen near.

"Are you ready to talk to me?" Ishaan asked.

Naina was still staring into somewhere else.

She slowly turned to face him. Here eyes were bloodshot.

Naina put her delicate fingers over Ishaan's.

"If I tell you this, you would hate me more than you do now." Naina's voice was weak.

"Just tell me, Naina." Ishaan pleaded.