Chapter 8

"Naina, come down." Anika bhabi yelled.
Naina was roaming around the house looking at all the pictures hung on the walls.
Naina came down in a haste to see what's happening. Ishaan, Shivaay and Anika was there along with a woman in her 60s. She was wearing expensive saree, she had a disgusting look on her face when she saw Naina coming down the stairs.

"This is Sojal Aunty. She's our mother's sister. She was the one who took care of us when mom wasn't around." Shivaay introduced her to me.

"Auntie, this is Naina."

"Hello, it's so nice to meet you." Naina stretched her hand out.

"Do you even know your last name, girl?" Sojal asked Naina.

Naina couldn't say anything in return. She didn't know her last name. The orphanage people gave her the name Naina. So all her life she's always been only Naina.

Naina stood frozen not knowing how to reply.

"Yes. It's Naina Raizada now. "

Naina recognised the voice. That deep mesmerizing voice. She turned to see Ishaan glaring at Sojal.

"Anyway, come sit, Auntie. Let me give you something to drink." Anika said breaking the tension.

Sojal took a seat on that expensive looking couch while Anika went to the kitchen.

Naina didn't know what to do. So she stood there motionless. Shivaay took a seat next to Sojal.

Suddenly Naina's hand was grabbed by someone. She turned around to see Ishaan standing next to her. He moved her hair falling on her forehead.

"Where's your sindoor?" Ishaan asked Naina.

"I..It must have gon.. gone, while I washed...my..my face." Standing beside Ishaan was so intimidating to her.

Shivaay and Sojal auntie were deep in conversation about her journey here and Shivaay was telling her all about the wedding.

Ishaan left her and went to the pooja hall which was located near to the living room. He looked back to see Naina wasn't with him.

"Aren't you coming?" Ishaan said in a angry tone which made Naina jump. So she followed him like a puppy.

Ishaan took a little box near from the large Ganesh figure. He opened and took some sindoor from it. He grabbed Naina by her shoulder to keep her steady. He placed the sindoor on her forehead.

"Put it on everyday."

"Yes."  Naina said in a low voice. She was staring at her feet.

"What did I tell you about looking down?". Every words from Ishaan made her heart beat faster.  So she looked up to see Ishaan staring at her.

Ishaan placed his hands on her pale hollow cheeks.

"That's my wife. Now come on, let me introduce you to my arrogant bitchy Auntie."

The way Ishaan said about his own Auntie shocked Naina. She have never in her life used a curse word at someone. She only used in her mind.
Even when she was angry, she never used profanity.

Ishaan grabbed her skinny arms and returned back to Shivaay and Sojal. They became silent when they saw Ishaan and Naina approaching.

"Girl-" Sojal started to talk.

"She have a name, it's Naina. Naina Raizada." Ishaan glared at Sojal and she returned it.

Wow they really don't like each other.
But she was glad that her husband stood up to her. Ishaan seems like a nice person, she doesn't understand why Shivaay said he was a hard person.

"Naina, we have a tradition here. Tonight the new bride have to stay with an elder member in the family and not with the groom." Sojal informed Naina.

Naina nodded. Naina was happy hearing this. She was anxious since the moment she saw that decorated bed in their bedroom.

That's when Anika returned with drinks for everyone.

"Auntie, those were old tradition. I didn't do it. Also I already decorated their bed. Let them have their first night together." Anika said to Sojal.

"No, no. Tradition is tradition. Also Anika  came from a good religious family. We don't know what religion is hers. We have to do this tradition. It's a necessary one, when the bride is  from some other family other than the royal ones." Sojal was adamant with her words.

These kinds of words didn't hurt Naina. Because she grew up hearing different versions of these. But Anika and Shivaay all felt bad for me.

"I'm okay with this. I will stay with Auntie." Naina said.

"You don't have to if you want." Anika made sure.

" Yea it's fine." Naina shrugged.

I turned to look at Ishaan reaction. But he was already half way to his- our room.