need you.

It's been 2 weeks of awkward talking and silence. Naina and Me had a routine. She takes the bathroom while I go running, and me after. Then at breakfast and dinner, we sit in silence while Shivaay and Anika fill up the silence.  She slept on her side and me on mine. This is was our life.

But as each day passed, I got one day close to the day where I'll have to leave her. The thought suffocated me sometimes.

Today, she had a special class so she texted me that she will be late.

It's been 8 pm and she still haven't reached. I started to pace back and forth anxiously.

What if something have happened? What if she didn't get the bus? What if someone kidnapped her?

These kinds of thought were running wild in my mind. I knew I couldn't go to her college, she was really adamant about that. And she wasn't picking up her phone too.

So finally I decided to go wait for her at the bus stop. It was near to our home. I walked near to the bus stop and waited for her.

After 10 minutes, the bus came and some poured out. In between them I saw Naina. She looked pretty tired from the class and all. I walked to her to get her bag, lessening her burden.

As i was walking, I saw some drunken guys following her, commenting about her to each other.

I fastened my pace. Naina was clearly avoiding them, but when one of them started to tug on her duppata, I lost it.

I ran straight to the guy and grabbed both of them by their neck, making them breathless.

Naina eyes widened, seeing me suddenly. 

"Touch her once more and you guys will never see sunrise." I shouted at them and released them from my grip.

They ran for their lives.

"What the hell are you doing?" Naina grabbed me by my arm and dragged me to our home.

"They were harassing you." I told her.

"Yes, these are common when we ride bus at night. I don't need you to be my savior" . She said angrily.

"Well then, You're not going in bus anymore." 

"Who are you to tell me that? I'm your wife for just 6 months. After that we both are just strangers. " A tear was filling up at the edge of her eyes, waiting for to fall down.

"Naina, I-" Whatever she was saying, it was right. I'm no one to her.

"I needed you when your best friend tried to force him on me, I needed you as my husband. But now, I don't need you anymore." The tear slowly fell down to her cheek. And my heart felt like it was falling along with it.

I slowly took my palm and cupped her face in mine. I wiped that tear with the pad of my thumb.

"Naina, I'm sorry. If you give me just another chance. I promise-"

"No, Ishaan. Please." She said and pushed my hands away from her face.

I watched as she went into our room, with tearful eyes.

*****************************************************************************

I didn't talk to her after that. She was already lying on the bed when I entered into the room.

She was right, She needed me in her worst, but I was never there. I should've treated her right, when she was with me. So there's no point in mopping around now.

I forced myself to sleep after hours of overthinking everything. 

But I woke up in the middle of night, hearing roaring thunder outside. I rubbed my eyes to see if Naina was okay. But her bed was empty. I looked around and she wasn't anywhere to find.

The bathroom was empty too, so I stepped outside to check if she was somewhere else in the house.

After checking the living room, I went to the kitchen.

I saw her standing there silently facing  the kitchen counter top. She had a glass of water in her hand. 

Her features gleamed in the light of thunder. The shape of her body, the curve of her hip and neck, the hair blowing into her face, everything made her look divine as a moonlight Goddess.

I slowly approached her from behind silently. As soon as she saw my shadow behind her, she turned to me and opened her mouth to scream. I swiftly put my palm on her mouth, to stifle her scream.

"Shh...Everyone's sleeping." I whispered. 

Her eyes was widen to the point where I can see myself in her iris. She tried to pry my hands out of her mouth and I released it with a laugh.

"What are you doi-" Her words stopped as a thunder crashed loudly, jumping both me and her.

The next moment, she was pulling me closer and hugging me tight.

I stood motionless, not knowing what to do. But after a second, I slowly bend down my arms to pull her closer to me, calming her down.

 But after a second, I slowly bend down my arms to pull her closer to me, calming her down

And we stood there like that for a solid 2 minutes, listening to the rumbling thunder.

I smiled feeling her warmth on my chest, and she hugged me tight, while shutting her eyes in fear.