paper heart.

Her apartment was in a shabby old building, there were cracks on both the floor and roof. Water were dripping somewhere. I looked around and thought to myself "I let her live in this rotting hell. It's all because of me she is living like this." My heart ached in guilt.

Naina gestured us to sit in a poor old couch and she sat beside Anika, avoiding eye contact with mine.

Even though, the apartment looked shabby, the room were all well kept.

"What do you want to talk?" Naina looked at me.

Just like that, I was mouth bound again.

"I...it's really hard without..." I cleared my throat.

"Ishaan." She said my name and my heart flutters.

"Look, Anything you say is not going to matter. Because I already made up my mind." Naina said and took a paper lying on the next to her and laid down to us to see.

I quickly scanned the paper to read what was in it and the word 'DIVORCE' caught my eyes.

"I need you to sign it." Naina stretched a pen out to me.

The world stopped again. This can't be happening. I can't do this. I can't live without her.

"Naina beta..." Shivaay said with teary eyes.

"I know bhaiyya I promised you that I'll never leave him but what he did to me was more than unforgivable. I can't keep on living like this. I need to stop this for once and all. And I hope you respect my decision." Naina said with stern voice. The naïve girl I saw 2 months ago was gone, This new Naina was strong and she stood on her ground.

If that's what she want, I'll give her. I never gave her what she deserved. Now it's my time to give what she desires.

I slowly took the pen out of her hand with tearful eyes and signed the paper.

My heart broke in two but I didn't care

My heart broke in two but I didn't care. Her happiness was the atmost priority of mine.

Anika was already sobbing onto her handkerchief.

"The court will be have a hearing in one week. I hope we can be there and finalize it." Naina took the paper from me and shoved it into a file.

I nodded.