Chapter 34

Maia-Jane Miller

,, Maia? ,, I heared Chloe's voice ask carefully as she stuck her head in the changing room. ,, Is your knee okay? I was just telling the girls that- Blake?! ,, she stopped mid-sentence to stare at the cheeky grinning dumbass beside me whose hand I was still holding and who still had my leg over his tights. Why was I holding his hand again?

,, Shut up before you even start. ,, I told him and he just grinned wider. ,, Yes, Chloe my knee is okay. Thank you for checking on me. ,, I looked at her apologetically. ,, The cloth you gave me is- great. ,,

Blake suddenly began to stroke my knee and I slapped his hand to make him stop. He could be so embarrassing. He really wanted to embarrass me. ,, The cloth you gave me is great- Seriously Maia? ,, he chuckled quietly and I sent him a glare. I would kill him, if it would make me no human than fine.

,, Hush, no one asked you. ,, I said and waved in front of his face with my hands.

He grabbed them and held them, my movements stilled and I looked at him. Our eyes met and I had no idea how long I coud allow them to meet over and over again. It felt as if they wanted to find each other, as if they wanted to just drown in the other. He read the look in them and his widened just a bit. I knew I never really showed any kind of attachement and he had to be sure that there was non on my behalf. But it wasn't ture. Because as much as I hated him, I also found myself enjoying our conversations or just his presence being around.

,, Maia- ,, he whispered and I shut my eyes, squeezed them painfully together and wriggled my hands out of his grasp. He let go of me and I looked away. I couldn't. We couldn't.

My eyes looked up to find Chloe gone. She must have slipped out of the door again and by the time I heared someon calling out Blake's name. He tried to find my gaze one more time but I looked away from him. Without saying more he gently placed my leg back to the ground, stood up and left.

I had no idea how to function after that. I thought back to the night at Chloe's where he had found me trembling and gasping in one of my daily nightmares. He had held me tightly, had softly mumbled words into my ear while his hand carefully removed my sweaty hair out of my face. He had stayed the night beside my bed and when i woke up again, I found him still lying half on the mattress and half on the floor, sleeping. His face was directed to me, and one of his arms used as a pillow, the other lied near my own. I had reached out to grab it but didn't.

I knew he was mad, it had been the way he left through the doors of the changing room. But I had no time to think further because all the girls flooded the room and went to shower or just change. Cheerleading finally seemed to be over.

,, What did Huxley do in here? ,, Lydia asked me and her eyes bored into mine. I just shrugged and didn't answer. She was annoying, thought to be prettier and better than everyone else, with her perfect red hair and long ass legs.

,, Did you guys fuck? ,, Xenia asked me then and a disgusted look reached my face.

,, You whish it was you? ,, I asked back and her michivious smile dropped. ,, What I thought. ,,

,, Girls how about we all get changed without insulting each other? ,, Chloe walked in and smiled kindly at us. We all changed and opened the door to leave the changing room.

,, He wouldn't fuck someone like her anyways. ,, Lydia commented and Chloe looked at her warningly as we stepped out and I followed at last.

,, She would be the only one of you all, I would fuck. ,, I heared him comment loudly as the door to their changing room opened as well and he ambled out of it with his sports bag over his shoulder.