Chapter 36

Maia-Jane Miller

When I entered the school building the next day I tried to look as invisible as possible. If my eyes would catch a single glance of Blake I would faint. Or slap him. my legs were terribly freezing in the only skinny jeans I owned and I cuddled more up into the large blue pullover that fell over my arms and waist. I was on my way to math and felt like turning on my heels and go sit in a café or something. Not only did I hate math, I also feared that I failed the exam which we should be getting back today or on Friday. According to Friday, I still wondered what Mr McKay could want from me but I wasn't too nervous. Maybe he needed help with picking up the trash again for what nobody voluntarily volunteerd for.

,, Oh jesus- ,, I heared Anna say behind me and turned around.

,, What? ,, I asked instead of saying hello.

,, Yellow- are you serious? Maia, one day I will lose my mind because of your clothing style. ,, she whined out and pointed my shoes out. ,, How many colors do you own of these? ,, she shook her head shocked and I rolled my eyes.

,, A few ,, I muttured and she crooked her head.

,, Define few  ,, she demanded.

,, Black, orange, yellow- obviously and brown. ,, I told her and she waved me off.

,, I do not have to understand you one bit- but I do question your taste. ,, she pointed at my outfit. Of course she had to say that, she looked good in her wide blue jeans with different colorful stripes over them, a bordeau turtleneck sweater tugged in it and yellow socks that matched to the black boots. Her wardrobe was probably just two sizes bigger than mine. ,, But I've never seen you in skinny jeans before- ,, she eyed me up and down ,, They look- good ,,

,, I heared the hesitation in your voice, don't lie ,, I rolled my eyes and continued my walk with her. Chloe was sick, she had eaten something bad yesterday and was sick for today. Anna bent her head down and chuckled apologetically.

We entered our class and waited for math to settle. I passed in the exam and my eyes felt like they fell out of my head when he handed it back to me. Anna passed too, of course. She was smart even though she liked rambling about my intelligence, she thought I had, more. For the rest of the lessons I looked out th class window and admired the sun that was shining through the glass. I whished I could capture its beauty but sunlight wasn't permanent. The picture that got thrown into the room, looked heavenly. A few students, me included, were soaked in the golden light that poured in. I closed my eyes a bit to just let its sunshines dance on my pale skin.

Anna nudged my shoulder and asked if I ever thought about livign in a cottage somewhere on a field if I loved the sunlight so much. I told her to not be stupid and unrealistic which made her pout and turn away from me. I would never live in a cottage or a field. But maybe I would later romantasize about it in my head.

,, Mrs Miller I would prefer if you'd stop daydreaming during my lessons. Just because you passed the exam doesn't mean you can lean back and not pay attention anymore. The schoolyear is not over yet. ,, I heared my teacher's voice snap at me.

,, I just wondered how far sunlight can reach ,, I told him apologetically. ,, In a mathematical way of course ,, I added with a polite smile.

,, Sure ,, he rolled his eyes but I saw the amused smirk on his lips. ,, Maybe I'll look it up later and tell you ,,

,, That would be lovely ,, I nodded back and he turned away from me with one last nod. I didn't care about how far the sun could reach, I didn't care about the stares i felt in my back, I had saved my ass from embarrassement.