Chapter 40

Blake-Achlys Huxley

,, I want you to find him. And if you do- bring him to me. ,, I ordered and my eyes looked out the window of the living room from my mansion. I had the perfect look at the fields that lied behind the tree in my backyard.

,, I will do my best. I have already been in his office, to look for informations about his identity. I found nothing. He is a teacher but there isn't anything more concrete about him. But I've got tracks. You will have him in less than fourty-eight hours. ,, I heared the voice reply.

,, Bring him to London and throw him into the room, I will attend you. ,, I replied and let my eyes wander over the rain that hit my terasse floor.

,, I understood. ,, the voice responded through the speaker of my phone that was tightly pressed on my ear. ,, I must admit, there is more to tell. We have problems here. There were issues with the new delivery. And we got news from the other underground. ,,

I groaned and pinched the bridge of my nose. ,, Take care of it. I will not be able to come down for a few days. I will set trust in you to manage it during my absence. ,,

,, Of course ,, Jones replied and his voice was dead-serious ,, If any problems will grow- ,,

,, They wont. You take care of it. There can not be mistakes or problems. We are too close. ,, I said through the speaker.

,, There are risks- ,, Jones hesitated.

,, There are always risks and dangers, Jones. But right now, we must take all the risks, I will not let him get away this time. It must be worth it. ,, I urged.

,, Do you think it is? ,, I heared him ask carefully and I breathed in slowly. ,, Don't get me wrong boss but for how long are we doing this now? How much longer? Is it really worth it? ,,

,, Do not question me. ,, I snarled a bit. ,, It will be worth it. It has to be. We have worked too hard to fail right now. And we wont. There will be no failing this time. Just do what's ordered and everything will work out. Occupy yourself about him now and the others. Sent them out to do their work. That is your task and nothing else. Leave the rest to me. ,,

,, I will not let you down ,, I heared him say.

,, When have you ever let me down? ,, I asked ,, Not once. I will send you off now, I must leave now. Call me only, if it's truly needed. ,, I hung up and turned off my phone.

I tossed my phone onto the couch and rubbed my forehead. I could not go to London now, I had more important things to do. Jones would look after it for the next few days. He was my best man and as soon as he would have find this bastard of a teacher, I would end it. My eyes dropped to the silver watch on my right hand and it showed me that it was 1 p.m., I slowly walked toward the doors to exit the living room and went right to enter the kitchen.

Everything was untouched and unused. The dark brown wood of its design had a dull sheen and the marble were too polished for anyone to walk on. Normally, I never entered this room of the house. I wasn't here very often, mostly in London or the small town beside it, where I went to highschool. The three wide windows in the large wide room, also gave a view of my backyard. A couple of high chairs stood in front of the kitchen counter. Nothing was lying around, no plates, no cups or food. This house had no food at all. Maybe some spaghettis and that was it. The fridge, shelves and drawers were empty. I could hear my own footsteps echoing in the room. It was like entering a second room that was too big for one person to live in. I knew there could be at least twenty people in this kitchen and still too much space left.